What's new

iOS 10.1

Now you can try the new bokeh effects with the camera in your new iPhone 7.
I don't intend to use my new iPhone 7 Plus with Public Beta when it arrives. It will be my main device.
Anyways, I guess iOS 10.1 will be released before it's delivered to me, so I think I can use that feature with the regular software. Perhaps I'll try it once or twice. Usually I don't like artificial effects when I take photos.

I don't intend to use my new iPhone 7 Plus with Public Beta when it arrives. It will be my main device.
Anyways, I guess iOS 10.1 will be released before it's delivered to me, so I think I can use that feature with the regular software. Perhaps I'll try it once or twice. Usually I don't like artificial effects when I take photos.

I'm on the 10.1 public beta with my 6s Plus, and it's great. I won't upgrade until next year.

I think l might have cracked it, removed the 2 fingers that were there. Then started again using my thumb when it was finished, l did the thumb again. And now it appears to work fine. Obviously the reason is l have very smooth fingers, never having done a days work in my life [emoji636]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

That sounded rather painful!

The toggle for iMessage effects doesn't seem to work. This is a new option in Settings > Accessibility > Reduce Motion.
It's supposed to allow us to see the iMessage effects with reduce motion on. But not send them. Has anyone tested this?
b213360bbe65ddbb73a58685710a8e7f.jpg

Other than that, everything looks ok on iOS 10.1.

The toggle for iMessage effects doesn't seem to work. This is a new option in Settings > Accessibility > Reduce Motion.
It's supposed to allow us to see the iMessage effects with reduce motion on. But not send them. Has anyone tested this?
b213360bbe65ddbb73a58685710a8e7f.jpg

Other than that, everything looks ok on iOS 10.1.

This must be specific to 10.1, I don't even see that option in 10.0.2.

I had to force close the Phone app every other time I wanted to make a call, because it was unresponsive. Now that my iPhone 7 Plus is also on Public Beta, at the moment, I'm wondering if this will also happen there.