What's new

How do I protect my phone from moisture while running.

I've been trying to find a water-proof armband forever. The defender case by otterbox is great, but no way am I going to run with that thing on my arm.

Most of the armbands I've tried are really lame. I'm still looking and will let you know.

I live in Arizona, so rain is not a problem. However, I sweat like crazy on training runs and moisture definitely seeps into the cases I've tried. No damage to the phone yet, though.

DPM888 said:
I've been trying to find a water-proof armband forever. The defender case by otterbox is great, but no way am I going to run with that thing on my arm.

Most of the armbands I've tried are really lame. I'm still looking and will let you know.

I live in Arizona, so rain is not a problem. However, I sweat like crazy on training runs and moisture definitely seeps into the cases I've tried. No damage to the phone yet, though.

Google Lifeproof cases. There are several available on eBay as well.

Sent from my iPhone 4 direct to you

OK, I checked out Lifeproof. It looks like a good design, but there is no freaking way that armband is going to work for runners, in my opinion. The product is not yet ready, but from the picture, it looks like the armband strap is plastic. Maybe it is rubber. Either way, for a runner, I don't think that is going to work very well.

DPM888 said:
OK, I checked out Lifeproof. It looks like a good design, but there is no freaking way that armband is going to work for runners, in my opinion. The product is not yet ready, but from the picture, it looks like the armband strap is plastic. Maybe it is rubber. Either way, for a runner, I don't think that is going to work very well.

Well, those are the options. I guess if you don't think those will work then you're forced to run without your iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4 direct to you

I think Lifeproof is for swimming. 100% water proof is not necessary for running. I think just water resistant is good enough. It's pretty difficult to seal a case completely and that is why these cases are so bulky.

It looks like a good product, though. Thanks for the info.

Where could I find a case that is waterproof without spending 70. $.. Is there other products I could use to combine with my case I have already? I lost my last phone to water and I cant buy another iPhone again!

I have the Griffin Survivor... It's, without a doubt, water resistant. But not waterproof. A Ziploc baggie is waterproof... But not breathable, thereby resulting in moisture inside the bag..lol.. good for emergencies, though.

I really think the best "waterproof case" is common sense. Of course I don't live somewhere like Seattle where it could rain 300 days a year..lol

I'd like to hear what others might say...

Well, first off, you look someone I know, but I can't quite place the face.

Seriously, the ziploc baggie is not a bad solution for running and I have used it and I picked up the tip in a forum. I put the iPhone inside the ziploc, seal it up and insert it into my armband. I bought the Sporteer armband from PDO based on some good reviews.

The fit with the ziploc is a bit messy, but it gets the job done. I sweat like a pig on runs and this keeps everything dry.

Not a bad solution at all, but I would love to find a slim, lightweight, waterproof/resistant armband.

The Griffin case is great, but not for running.

I got it...you were in a low-speed chase about 15 years ago, right?

Let me know when you find one! They are non-existant, it seems

The joy factory makes a waterproof case called the rain ballet. It's not a case designed for running but it's another option.

Ok, I'm liking the idea of a zip-lock bag in my purse for emergencies.... and for you guys who are running and worry about moisture inside the zip-lock bag, what about putting in one of those little packets of desiccant (moisture absorption) that comes in small packets. I Googled it and since the forum rules prohibit posting links that have prices on them, you can find small packets at places like home depot. They are small and wouldn't add any extra weight. Just an idea!

And DPM888, I think you're right... that guy you were talking about drove a white bronco... right?