What's new

How do I protect my phone from moisture while running.

GilmoreD

Reaction score
I live in northern Minnesota, summer temps - 80 to 90 degrees. I love to run outdoors. I have an armband to put my iPhone in, but with temps getting warmer, I've noticed some moisture on my phone when I take it out.

What do others do to protect your phone from moisture, weather it's from sweat, or possible rain? I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in June and my runs are getting longer (and hotter)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

i find just holding it in my hand works just fine. i go on runs around 10km and the weather around 100 degrees and its always fine.

Holding my phone during a run is not an option at this time.
What are others doing??

Thanks,
Dave

GilmoreD, the Otterbox Defender is advertised to be highly moisture resistant, though not underwater protective. Look at one in an AT&T store and you'll see what I mean. Other than that, I'd really recommend leaving the gadget in the locker!! Really....

Holding my phone during a run is not an option at this time.
What are others doing??

Thanks,
Dave

Put your phone in one of those cases available out there, and still those cases won't help the front screen, nor protect it from moisture if the weather is really hot to make moisture on the phone.
I would sugest you to just leave behind your phone while running and that weather cobditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a cheap mp3 player for running.

iPhone is pretty heavy and could slide off your armband. Plus sweat is full of salts and minerals, you'll damage whatever is on you.

I bought one of these for when I go fishing, the salt water, and mist / air obviously would ruin it. There is no moisture inside when I'm out in the blistering heat in the Australian summer either.

I can still use the phone and if I drop it in the water or get hit with a wave it is fine, so it would protect from moisture when you are running. Cheap too.

The Beachbuoy Waterproof Case - The Beachbuoy

Bottom line: if the original poster needs the iPhone for voice calls, he has few options, other than those posted here. If for music, then a cheap MP3 player is the answer.

I am training for my 2nd and 3rd half-marathons in Olympia and Seattle. This year it's rained on me 200 days. I cannot just use an MP3 player.

I need my phone so I can receive calls from school and call for emergency pickups (like when u think u r running 10 miles and end up at 22 miles and still need to get home).

Last marathon I used the " baggie inside racebelt pocket" method. However, the rain will leak in via the space left open for headphones.

I purchased the following a month ago:

Amiphibx Fit Waterproof and Sweatproof Armband for iPhone, iPod touch, Large MP3 Players, and Music-Enabled Phones (Black/Clear)

The best thing about this case is that you can take off the armband and slide the case onto your racebelt.

If you are going long distances, you will remove layers and the armband requires a full stop to remove layers. Slide the waterproof case on to your racebelt and you can remove layers without breaking stride. Headphones plug right into it.

It is a tad bulky but I run with my iphone on racebelt everyday!

I feel like i have researched this subject to death and i totally understand that holding Iphone is not an option.

I would highly recommend the above armband. However, a ten cent baggie worked for me too but be very aware that water will leak in where headphones r attached.

Last edited:
Do a search for LifeProof Case for iPhone 4. AWESOME !!

Do a search for LifeProof Case for iPhone 4. AWESOME !!

The Lifeproof case is not available now, and therefore does not aid him whatsoever...

Make suggestions that he can impliment now..

The otterBox Defender is good; but the New case called LifeProof is completely water proof. You would just need to find an armband to stick the case in. they will be offering an armband strap in the future