What's new

Home Button

How do you make apps wiggle with the home button?

Huh. You can't - and, I knew that! Sorry to confuse. That's probably why you can't make the icons wiggle with the AT's Home button, yeah?

My bad. My only excuse is that it was late in the evening ... that work? :D

Thanks for the catch.

Marilyn

Try the drops of alcohol. Then try a hard reset just for good measure-home button and sleep button held down until it reboots. More than likely the switch is worn out. This can be repaired by places you can send your phone to for about $50 or less. Also you can have Apple fix it but that will cost $149 I believe.

Rocko is right!! Do this!! I had problems with the home button for months. I tried the AT as alternative solution because I was fed up. Then I read this about the alcohol drops and tried it in complete disbelief but IT WORKED!! Since then my home button is working as well as the first day.

Rocko is right!! Do this!! I had problems with the home button for months. I tried the AT as alternative solution because I was fed up. Then I read this about the alcohol drops and tried it in complete disbelief but IT WORKED!! Since then my home button is working as well as the first day.

Just for my info, moment... are you using simple, isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) or some other kind -- like Jack Daniels whiskey? (that was a joke...) Additionally, do you simply put a few drops right ON the home button, eventually having the alcohol getting into the innards?

yes, just plain rubbing alcohol. put some drops on the button and rub it in with you thumb. do it a couple times.. then turn phone on its face for about 5 minutes then wipe it off... you might have to repeat once a week or so, but it works every time...

one option would be to use the on/off button to lock and re-lock the device. I have gotten into the habit of doing that now as the home button seems to be much less responsive after 1.5 years of pressing on it all the time