What's new

Home Button

Let me know if you like it i've been using it since i got IOS5 and haven't touched my home button since.

eddieg said:
Let me know if you like it i've been using it since i got IOS5 and haven't touched my home button since.

Will do.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

As there are very many of us having this problem with the home button we could mail apple and ask for one assistive touch option with just this button. so that we'd need to tap just once, as if it was the normal home button.

That would make sense. Surprised apple made it like it is. Maybe there is a shortcut somehow?

What does the assistive touch do. How does it work? Does it eliminate to use of the home button?

Per the phone itself, Assistive Touch "allows you to use iPhone if you have difficulty touching the screen or if you require an adaptive accessory."

Yes, it does eliminate the need to use the physical home button, among other things. I've attached two pictures. The first one shows my home screen with the AT turned on. That little white dot is the AT and it can be moved around the outside of the screen. It's always there, whether you are in a game, Mail, etc.

$AT1-WhiteDot.jpg $AT2-MainScreen.jpg

Touching that white AT dot brings you the main screen (my second picture). I mainly use it for the Home button feature. You can treat it just like the physical home button: It'll close an app, return you to your main page if you are on another screen page, move you to Spotlight if you are on the first page and a double tap will make the screen rise and reveal the multi-tasking bar.

AT iss very handy to have, because it does (will?) lower use of the physical button(s). Because, it can do so much more (you'll just have to explore it). I agree with another poster here - I do wish you could set the AT dot to be the Home button only ... but, it's still pretty cool.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Yeah, unfortunately I may have to upgrade my iOS from 4.1 to the newest version 5 simply due to the Assistive Touch feature. My Home button is getting worse by the week, and the Assistive touch will spare me using it by a LOT.

Too bad Apple couldn't have made (contracted) a simple Home Button switch last longer than 1 year. Duh! Note: the Home Button problem is quite ubiquitous. IOW, it's not just me.

Yeah, unfortunately I may have to upgrade my iOS from 4.1 to the newest version 5 simply due to the Assistive Touch feature. My Home button is getting worse by the week, and the Assistive touch will spare me using it by a LOT.

Too bad Apple couldn't have made (contracted) a simple Home Button switch last longer than 1 year. Duh! Note: the Home Button problem is quite ubiquitous. IOW, it's not just me.

What are you waiting for i told you about AT a long time ago! Whats keeping you from upgrading to IOS5?

Or make apps wiggle for deleting or moving; though you can make them stop wiggling.

I guess that with Siri, Apple figured the Assistive Gesture was raising it up to your ear...?

Marilyn