What's new

Home Button

Blake_Yates

Reaction score
I currently have a iPhone 4 and for some reason the home button takes multiple pushes sometimes to get back to the main screen. I'm trying to find the settings for the home button but I'm coming up short. anyone know how to fix this issue?

I currently have a iPhone 4 and for some reason the home button takes multiple pushes sometimes to get back to the main screen. I'm trying to find the settings for the home button but I'm coming up short. anyone know how to fix this issue?

I don't believe your issue can be fixed. The Home button reluctance issue is a common one -- I have it on my almost-perfectly working iPhone 4, ver 4.1. Many, many others have it on theirs too, since it is a subject of debate on many forums. Assisted Touch is a remedy, but requires a version 5 of firmware. In any case, be aware that you are not alone with the Home button problem.

Assisted Touch? Where do I find that?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Try putting a few drops of rubbing alcohol on button and work it in with thumb. It usually works. After a while, dirt and dust get in there and it isn't as responsive as usual. Repeat like once a month. Good luck

EWyatt said:
Do you have iOS 5 on your device, as I posted above?

Yes I do.

Have you jailbroken? Download Activator from Cydia and set a gesture that simulates the home-button!

Np27 said:
Have you jailbroken? Download Activator from Cydia and set a gesture that simulates the home-button!

... But i'm not jailbroken. :(. Thanks for the response nonetheless.

Np27 said:

I have a i4 on ios5.
Would I have to restore it back to ios4 to jailbreak? Excuse my ignorance but I've only been using the iPhone since July. Prior to that I only used BB.