What's new

Help!!

Benjaminbr

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm new to the forum and after advice on what to do next. I dropped my iPhone 6 in a toilet full of yellow water a few weeks ago. Let it dry out , still nothing. When I plugged power into the phone the apple logo came on then went off repeatedly. I read online that the phone needed a new battery. I've changed the battery, plugged the charger in to the phone, Apple sign came on once then phones gone dead and won't turn on. Any help on what to do next is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ben

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Ben!

Try resetting it, and use recovery mode to restore it. If it still,works, it might need some time (about 20 minutes) to show that it's charging.
Here are instructions that might help:
If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

It's also possible that your device is damaged beyond repair, and by opening it and changing the battery by yourself, you've voided the warranty, in case there was still some left.
You can take it to an Apple Retail Store, to have them take a look at it, and tell you why it's not working, though.