What's new

Iphone 6 will not boot up

johno20091995

Reaction score
Hi, New on here so before I start Hello everyone.
My problem is my iphone will not boot up, if I try to start it nothing happens unless I plug the phone into mains only charger and then I just get a white screen with Apple logo on, this stays on for about 5 seconds and then goes off, this just keeps repeating. I I plug it into computer nothing at all happens and iTunes does not pick up phone. I have tried every method going to try to restore phone through iTunes and only response I can get is when in DFU mode where by iTunes asks to restore phone it then extracts data then it says waiting for iphone.
It has had a brand new battery that I fitted today but still same.
Can anyone help before I take plunge and take it to repair centre.
Thanks

The only way a DFU restore will fail is if there's a hardware fault. You may want to take it in for a diagnostic to confirm this.

Thanks
Any idea what hardware fault is likely to cause this ?

Yes I realise that but would like to have some idea of possible causes so when I take it in I don't get duped into paying over the top repair charges, its always better to have some sort of knowledge of possible problems even if in reality you have not a clue LOL

Yes I realise that but would like to have some idea of possible causes so when I take it in I don't get duped into paying over the top repair charges, its always better to have some sort of knowledge of possible problems even if in reality you have not a clue LOL
If you take your iPhone to an Apple Store for a Genius Bar appointment, you'll get a free diagnostic. If the iPhone requires repair, they'll quote the standard out of warranty repair cost. It's up to you whether or not to get it repaired. There is one caution, however. If Apple detects that you've replaced the battery yourself they won't repair it. Did you replace the battery with a genuine Apple replacement battery?

Yes it was replaced with a genuine battery, however I did at first take it to my local genius apple store and they tried to restore it on iTunes for an hour then gave up and advised me to just get a new phone. They were a waste of time and I reported them to Apple via online complaints and never even got a reply.

Anyway back tp problem when I got home today I dismantled my iphone 6 and tried damaged one with that battery which was charged 100% just to make sure it was not a duff battery and same problem, then I tried it in mine and it fired up no problems so that eradicates battery, however before I put them back together I tried to fire mine up with just the power cable attached and battery disconnected and it produced the same problem as damaged one, so it makes me think that the problem lies in the battery connection to motherboard.
What makes it worse phone is only 18 months old and looks like new and never been scratched or dropped, seems like its £700 worth of junk.

Has it been wet or have you had it in the bathroom while taking a shower (not in the shower although a 6 IN the shower is bad) just in the room with all the steam?

No never been wet or damp, I took it into a phone repair shop Friday and today they rang me to say they could not find what the problem is.
I have been hunting on lots of forums and found quite a few people with same problem, only person who managed to get their phone to work again said it was something called the IC chip on motherboard.

No never been wet or damp, I took it into a phone repair shop Friday and today they rang me to say they could not find what the problem is.
I have been hunting on lots of forums and found quite a few people with same problem, only person who managed to get their phone to work again said it was something called the IC chip on motherboard.
Do you mean the Touch IC chip?

No
there were two I found that sorted the problem
Big Power Management IC Chip BGA 338S1251-AZ Fix No Power
or the

Tristar IC Chip
The latter the more common as that blows due to charging with inferior cables
I have looked on youtube and they can easily be removed and replaced with heat gun but not sure with my eyesight I would attempt it