What's new

Fried board?

Garibaldo

Reaction score
I've spotted a blue smudge near the screen inserts to the motherboard. Does this appear to be a fried board or is it other an issue. I don't want to buy a new screen if there's no issue with it.

Yes the iPhone was dropped in the toilet and dried with rice. During the handling of the phone earlier before it went in rice, it was powered on (accidently).

Thanks!
Gary

20160912_112019.jpg
20160910_161335.jpg

I've spotted a blue smudge near the screen inserts to the motherboard. Does this appear to be a fried board or is it other an issue. I don't want to buy a new screen if there's no issue with it.

Yes the iPhone was dropped in the toilet and dried with rice. During the handling of the phone earlier before it went in rice, it was powered on (accidently).

Thanks!
Gary

View attachment 27700 View attachment 27701
That greenish blue area looks like corrosion. Your iPhone will probably need a new motherboard.

I reckon it's time for the hammer

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Thanks all. Surprising it's not completely hammer time. After quickly cleaning off the corroded area the best I can and reconnecting the 4 connectors it eventually turns on after 20 mins. The speakers both internal and external don't work but everything else appears to function. I recon this might still be able to be traded for an iphone7 promotion depending on how thoroughly they'll check it.

Thanks all. Surprising it's not completely hammer time. After quickly cleaning off the corroded area the best I can and reconnecting the 4 connectors it eventually turns on after 20 mins. The speakers both internal and external don't work but everything else appears to function. I recon this might still be able to be traded for an iphone7 promotion depending on how thoroughly they'll check it.

Don't do it. You'll just become one of the EBay assh*****
It will stay with you, and maybe next time you buy a used phone you'll cop it right back in your boat race. (Face)

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I forgot my old trusty Sony voice recorder in my cargo shorts pocket,and it got washed. And that killed it :-(
Went to BestBuy and bought a new Sony voice recorder.
I think it's time to bury your iPhone6, and buy a new iPhone. Good Luck.