What's new

Tiger Woods - Beer damaged phone -No Joke ! No Rice-

1BigBear

Reaction score
While scrambling to sneak a Tiger Woods pic at the PGA tournament Sunday, I dropped my phone (cheap plastic case) right into my cup of Beer-pulled it out immed and dropped my 7$ cup of beer on the guys feet in front of me. oh well.

Dried phone best I could and was surprised it still was on- took some blurry pics and vids for a while.(DID NOT KNOW I SHOULD HAVE TURNED IT OFF immed) !! no Rice was available on the Golf Course- so→

Phone's battery went dead and it turned off and would not charge.
Got home riced it for 12 hrs.
Phone powered to red line, then took charge till 47% while I happily rec'vd texts and :messages: 's & transferred 1100 pics :camera: and vids to my desktop.
THEN- apps started crashing and boom→ stuck with apple logo wanting me to restore-

Restored phone, but got 2 different 1600 errors and riced phone overnight.
Today phone powered on AND began → NEW PHONE intro setup, and asked to use old restore profile from itunes..
During itunes restore....PHONE CRASHED AGAIN and went to apple logo and now, again, sits again in a bowl of rice.

Is this a common theme when motherboard or something else is fried..?
Do I have any hope..and what should i do next? Besides have another beer..!!!!

Thanks for any help guys- :phone:

Unfortuately, when anything electronic goes for a swim... nothing is common. :-( The only advise to offer is continue soaking up the mositure... and continue the restore process.