What's new

Water Damage I phone 4

flight24

Reaction score
Hi i have recentley just dropped my i phone down the toilet. I managed to take it out very quickly and dry it out. The phone when i took it out had no power and had switched of by itself. All i got was a white light at the back which stayed on. I put it in a bag of rice for 2 nights and tried charger but nothing. Does anyone no what else i could try or is phone beyond repair?

Open the phone then put the main board and screen in the rice make sure the phone is covered in rice. You defo need to get the battery out.

Surely by tampering with it apple are less likely to repair or offer a replacement one. And doesnt it need a special screwdriver?

Surely by tampering with it apple are less likely to repair or offer a replacement one. And doesnt it need a special screwdriver?
i was thinking that too,probably not a good idea to open it and tamper with it.

Depending on when your iPhone 4 was manufactured... it'll either have a #00 phillips for older devices and the pentalobe screw for newer. As far as Apple covering repair or replacement... that will only apply if you have an Apple Care plan. The standard warranty does not cover accidental or water damage.

Your phone seems in very serious situation but this iPhone might be repair but I was thinking that your phone is stuck into battery and display so you should replace this both items in your phone. I am not sure about this but I hope this idea might be work and your phone will start or run properly.