What's new

Will the battery from a water damaged phone still work?

PartyPedro777

Reaction score
I had an iphone 6 about 18 months and foolishly dropped it into the toilet. I tried to dry out etc and then when it wouldn't switch on, I took it to a local place and they said that the board was fried and it was game over, no icloud backups / sob sob / lesson learnt.

Fair enough.

Fast forward to the present day. My current iPhone 6 is working fine, except for that fact the battery not only depletes extremely quickly, but that it is shutting down at up to 30%. Very annoying.

So, my question is, before I go buying a new battery, could the battery from the old water damaged phone still work or would that have been irreparably damaged along with the rest of the internals? And even if it was, am I likely to do my current phone any damaged by trying i.e would a water damaged battery do damage to my current phone?

Thanks
Pedro

I had an iphone 6 about 18 months and foolishly dropped it into the toilet. I tried to dry out etc and then when it wouldn't switch on, I took it to a local place and they said that the board was fried and it was game over, no icloud backups / sob sob / lesson learnt.

Fair enough.

Fast forward to the present day. My current iPhone 6 is working fine, except for that fact the battery not only depletes extremely quickly, but that it is shutting down at up to 30%. Very annoying.

So, my question is, before I go buying a new battery, could the battery from the old water damaged phone still work or would that have been irreparably damaged along with the rest of the internals? And even if it was, am I likely to do my current phone any damaged by trying i.e would a water damaged battery do damage to my current phone?

Thanks
Pedro
You shouldn't take the chance, the battery could have been damaged when the logic board was fried. In regards to the fast draining of the battery on you're current iPhone, did you change any settings on your iPhone just before the battery drain started? Have you gone to Settings>Battery>Battery Usage to see if any app or apps are using an inordinately large percentage of the total battery usage?

I wouldn't dream of using that battery, just in case.