What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Thanks guys really appreciate it.. Do I connect to computer after it is in DFU mode? Going to try now will you be on today so I can post if something goes wrong? Also I have a Mac... Thanks for your help!!

Last edited:
DFU requires that you be connected to a computer, otherwise, there won't be a power source to trigger a "turn on" for your device while performing the DFU procedure. Recovery Mode does not require that you connect your device to your computer, you can if you'd like, but it's not mandatory.

If you're using a Mac, then you don't have to worry about running as an administrator. Macs rarely have issues with iTunes since it is the "original" OS for iTunes and everything is iron pressured for compatibility.

Okay great...I was actually asking if I do DFU mode after I connect or before I connect to the computer.. Sorry I know I was't clear. :) also my husband has an iPhone 4, do I do the same thing?

The best restore would be a DFU or Recovery restore. Many users have no issues when simply clicking the restore button, but as a jailbreaker/iOS hacker, it's best to practice using DFU or Recovery Mode as jailbroken devices have certain mechanisms in place that can interfere with the restore process. If a regular one-click restore works for you, you can use that, if not, DFU/Recovery can be options as well. This applies for all devices, not just iPhones.

I've read that iOS7 kinda killed/wounded the theme thing. Ok- so I'm not a big themer but I've noticed that MOST of the changes in Cydia are theme or font related. Two questions come to mind:

1. If Winterboard is only partially working, what are they using for all this? I've read of Zepplin, Springtomize and Dreamboard but I've also read something about hard-code themes or something. What's the deal here?

2. Does changing the font / icon theme slow the phone down much? I'm on a 4S and it seems a little slower on iOS7 already. I've read that clock widgets and such eat a lot of ram as well?

Unrelated question about repos-
I'm not interested in games or "cracked/pirated" apps but other than the pre-installed repos, are there any others that are "OK" (otherwise reputable and safe) to add? I also recall a post about deleting the ultrasnow repo or something similar since it was only used for a specific jailbreak?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I really don't use that many tweaks Barrel, file and when winterboard works I line to change my dock to a MacOSX style dock other than that I relayed heavily on SBSettings to manage background processes which helped battery longevity. Is there an app that will do that part of SBSettings? I have no idea when SBSettings will be 100% compatible with IOS7

I really don't use that many tweaks Barrel, file and when winterboard works I line to change my dock to a MacOSX style dock other than that I relayed heavily on SBSettings to manage background processes which helped battery longevity. Is there an app that will do that part of SBSettings? I have no idea when SBSettings will be 100% compatible with IOS7

Winterboard was updated for iOS 7 support several weeks ago. Control Center replaces the toggles in SBSettings. To modify your statusBar for different time formats or to add IP/RAM available, you can use Cloaky (paid) or StatusModifier (free). For the power option, you can use CCSettings, which incorporates several buttons such as power off, lock, reboot, etc. Respringing and RAM clearing are also available in CCSettings as well. Poof has not yet been replaced, but would probably be possible in the not-so-distant future. In the mean time you can put them in a folder, and disregard them, or if they're common annoyances/eye sores for a lot of users like Newstand, there are individualized tweaks for that in some cases.

EDIT: I lied. I forgot that Springtomize 3 was released today, and it does offer an icon hider.

Last edited:
Just a PSA/friendly reminder to all. iOS 7.1 will patch Evasi0n7, and @Evad3rs will more than likely not replenish the patched exploit to allow for use with 7.1. Users should consider restoring and rejailbreaking afresh so that you have a fresh iOS and fresh jailbreak on your device, particularly those that have had many rotations of package installation and deletion since the jailbreak. Make sure your backup your device (and packages if you'd like) prior to doing so.

As the doomsday for Evasi0n7 draws closer and closer with the release in the first week of February, it's strongly recommended that all jailbroken devices have afc2add, MobileTerminal, OpenSSH and ILEX RAT (optional) installed for troubleshooting purposes so that we can avoid being forced to upgrade to 7.1 on the occasion that you have an issue with your jailbreak. 9 out of 10 issues can be solved using one of the above listed packages, and is the difference between keeping your jailbreak and losing it.

Winterboard was updated for iOS 7 support several weeks ago. Control Center replaces the toggles in SBSettings. To modify your statusBar for different time formats or to add IP/RAM available, you can use Cloaky (paid) or StatusModifier (free). For the power option, you can use CCSettings, which incorporates several buttons such as power off, lock, reboot, etc. Respringing and RAM clearing are also available in CCSettings as well. Poof has not yet been replaced, but would probably be possible in the not-so-distant future. In the mean time you can put them in a folder, and disregard them, or if they're common annoyances/eye sores for a lot of users like Newstand, there are individualized tweaks for that in some cases.

EDIT: I lied. I forgot that Springtomize 3 was released today, and it does offer an icon hider.
Lockdown Pro also offers an icon hide option. Just have to make sure you only hide icons for apps you do not use at all since. Ie. if you hide the calculator app, it removes it from Control Center too.

Rik

Edit Here:
Quick question too- When I do a restor/re-break, do I need to reset my SSH password again or does it save with the backup?

Last edited:
Lockdown Pro also offers an icon hide option. Just have to make sure you only hide icons for apps you do not use at all since. Ie. if you hide the calculator app, it removes it from Control Center too.

Rik

Edit Here:
Quick question too- When I do a restor/re-break, do I need to reset my SSH password again or does it save with the backup?

Most users don't use Lockdown Pro's other features, so there's no dynamic reason push that out as a suggestion as the pro version is a paid tweak, but yes, it is an option.

Your SSH password is not saved during a backup. Once you restore and rejailbreak, you'll have to change it from alpine again. You don't have to change it back to alpine prior to restoring since restoring it will change it back to alpine itself.

Just a PSA/friendly reminder to all. iOS 7.1 will patch Evasi0n7, and @Evad3rs will more than likely not replenish the patched exploit to allow for use with 7.1. Users should consider restoring and rejailbreaking afresh so that you have a fresh iOS and fresh jailbreak on your device, particularly those that have had many rotations of package installation and deletion since the jailbreak. Make sure your backup your device (and packages if you'd like) prior to doing so.

As the doomsday for Evasi0n7 draws closer and closer with the release in the first week of February, it's strongly recommended that all jailbroken devices have afc2add, MobileTerminal, OpenSSH and ILEX RAT (optional) installed for troubleshooting purposes so that we can avoid being forced to upgrade to 7.1 on the occasion that you have an issue with your jailbreak. 9 out of 10 issues can be solved using one of the above listed packages, and is the difference between keeping your jailbreak and losing it.

Was yesterday or today the latest to replenish?

Was yesterday or today the latest to replenish?
iOS 7.1 is still in beta release and has not yet been released to the public. Until the iOS 7.1 public release it is OK to restore. The public release of iOS 7.1 could happen very soon, so keep that in mind if you get yourself into a situation requiring a restore.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

ILEX RAT? DO I need to add a repository to install that app? I just refreshed my jailbreak and did not update any repositories.

EDITED:

Sorry figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reason why you're having issues with specific plists not being found is because you're using pirated tweaks. This forum does not condone piracy of any kind. One, you're more than likely using an unstable, outdated version of ILEX RAT as all of the piracy repos are running an older version which lacks functionality compared to the latest version, two, installing cracked tweaks removes vital plists of not only those that belong to the cracked tweak, but also core plists. If you don't pirate, you'll receive no fundamental issues such as these. You will receive no assistance regarding the matter.

All my tweaks were purchased not sure if any repo allowed me to install any pirated app without my knowledge but I know I purchased Barrel, Ifile, inifni board and dock. Not sure about ILEX I posted a question earlier as to why it was not showing up from the normal cydia repositories so I installed A Piracy Repo and it showed up. That could be the only pirated tweak as you call it. All my other ones where purchased. Is that the one causing it? No where do I see can you purchase ILEX RAT? I see an older app maybe I should have removed but I have not used it to download tweaks at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussion or mention of piracy topics is a violation of forum rules.

15. Discussion of pirated or cracked applications and any methods associated with enabling their use, such as posting app or repository names, is forbidden on this forum. This also includes discussion of illegally obtaining media such as music, movies, games, books or other copyrighted content.

15.1 Piracy is illegal and the staff of iPhoneForums.net neither condones nor supports it in any way. Jail breaking and hacking does NOT equal stealing or pirating!

15.2. Discussions, links, and sharing of any piracy related topics, apps, repositories, etc., will be deleted and the member will receive a warning. A second warning may lead to an immediate ban.