What's new

Emailing photos

johnnyringo

Reaction score
Good morning to all. I'm a older fellow with not much technical experience with all these newfangled "gadgets". I finally, after a lot of encouragement (hassled), moved a bit closer into the century I find myself by getting an Iphone 4s. It worked pretty well for a while, but now it won't email any pictures I have taken. I've tried to figure out if the setting are correct to no avail. I would be very grateful for any assistance. Thank you.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, johnnyringo!

There are two ways to send images on an iPhone:
It's possible to send photos via email from the Photos app, or in the Mail app. Which one did you use so far?
Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software version for the iPhone 4s is 9.0.1.

Please provide a bit more information. It'll be easier to help when we know exactly what's happening - or not happening, in your case.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, johnnyringo!

There are two ways to send images on an iPhone:
It's possible to send photos via email from the Photos app, or in the Mail app. Which one did you use so far?
Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software version for the iPhone 4s is 9.0.1.

Please provide a bit more information. It'll be easier to help when we know exactly what's happening - or not happening, in your case.

I have not uploaded the software and I am using (or trying) to use the Mail app. Thanks JR

In Mail, tap and hold in the text field below "Subject", until you see this:
image.jpeg

Select "Insert Photo or Video", then you should be able to add photos.

If you use the Photos app, tap the "Share" button:
image.jpeg

Then choose "Mail":
image.jpeg

The Mail app will open, and the picture you chose will already be visible in the message:
image.jpeg

Hope that helps.