What's new

Downgrade Iphone 4s with ios 6 to ios 5.1.1

scoottie

Reaction score
Guys been trying to do this without success I have the shsh for it eg 42 50474986763-iphone4,1-5.1.1.shsh I have iPhone4,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore, when I use redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3 it says it is not supported by this version

any help appreciated

Correct... there's no way to downgrade the 4S @ this time. Even with SHSH's for 5.1.1.

You cannot downgrade past the barrier on the 4S, not without an iOS 4.X SHSH blob as well as an iOS 5.X SHSH blob. The iOS 4.X blobs are mandatory even though you're downgrading to iOS 5.X. And since the iPhone 4S was released with iOS 5, iOS 4.X blobs for the 4S do not exist

You cannot downgrade past the barrier on the 4S, not without an iOS 4.X SHSH blob as well as an iOS 5.X SHSH blob. The iOS 4.X blobs are mandatory even though you're downgrading to iOS 5.X. And since the iPhone 4S was released with iOS 5, iOS 4.X blobs for the 4S do not exist

Even that confused me, willerz. LOL!!!

Even that confused me, willerz. LOL!!!

Same concept as the iPad 2. The iPad 2 requires both an iOS 4 and an iOS 5 SHSH blob to downgrade from iOS 6 even though you only want to downgrade to iOS 5.

Gotcha!! Is there a technical reason why it requires the 4.x blobs... or "just because?"

I don't know the real specifics. But from what a friend of mine is saying, it has something to do with how iOS 4 is like the "bridge" or the "key" to help you hopscotch over the iOS barrier. How it does it, I'd like to know too. It might be that it uses the iOS 4 to simulate a double jump then settles for a single jump.