What's new

Downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 on iPhone 4S.

diimitris

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I wonder if I can go back at iOS 5.1.1, I don't like so much iOS 6. When I had iOS 5.1.1 I hadn't jailbreak it if this matters. I search in the web about it and I'm pretty confused. Also i had recovered before go at iOS 6 but after that i couldn't go again at iOS 5.1.1. If you can help me I would be grateful.

Last edited:
If you weren't JB running Cydia or manually saved SHSHs via TinyUmbrella... there's no way for you to downgrade your 4S' iOS version.

Last edited:
Thomasjtsi said:
If you weren't JB running Cydia or manually saved SHSHs via TinyUmbrella... there's no way for you to downgrade your 4S' iOS version.

Thank you!

I thought the 4S (and other A5+ devices) is not downgrade-able on any iOS above 5.X. According to the dev-team, once the 5.1.1 window closes, you can't downgrade from iOS 6 during that brief 24-72 hour window

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I thought the 4S (and other A5+ devices) is not downgrade-able on any iOS above 5.X.
You are correct sir... no downgrading an A5+ iDevice from iOS 6.0 at all. I threw out a generic answer knowing that the OP wasn't JB and assumed that there weren't any SHSHs saved. I should have elaborated a little more for other members that read through this thread.

Guys thank you very much for the answers. I leave the topic open to help also other members if they have the same questions.

You are correct sir... no downgrading an A5+ iDevice from iOS 6.0 at all. I threw out a generic answer knowing that the OP wasn't JB and assumed that there weren't any SHSHs saved. I should have elaborated a little more for other members that read through this thread.

Interesting. I've been searching everywhere as I'm wanting to do the same and found a lot of articles on how to's and none of the articles mention that this is not possible. However, I'm unsuccessful so far in trying to downgrade to 5.1.1 from 6.01. I have blobs from cydia but I've tried to restore using a different methods but none worked!!! I'm so tired and want to go back to my BB (lol) as iOS 6 is s#$%house.

That's because there aren't any boot exploits to run off of for the A5 devices. There's a firmware exploit if you will for the 5.X re-restore function that RedSn0w is using for the A5 devices. There's no way to downgrade A5+ devices at the moment. Might never be.

That's because there aren't any boot exploits to run off of for the A5 devices. There's a firmware exploit if you will for the 5.X re-restore function that RedSn0w is using for the A5 devices. There's no way to downgrade A5+ devices at the moment. Might never be.

Weird. How come other people have been able to downgrade a few months earlier? Anyway I'm just frustrated with iOS 6 #$#%#$%$#

You can downgrade the A5 devices BACK to the 5.X iOS IF you're currently on iOS 5.X. They don't have to be the same iOS 5.X, but as long as the leading iOS is a 5, they're compatible. The field of downgrading is limited to only that for the A5 devices. You cannot cross downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5. If any videos say that it's working for A5 devices, they're wrong. Those videos are using an iPhone 4 for demonstrations but claims that it's working for the 4S as well.

You can downgrade the A5 devices BACK to the 5.X iOS IF you're currently on iOS 5.X. They don't have to be the same iOS 5.X, but as long as the leading iOS is a 5, they're compatible. The field of downgrading is limited to only that for the A5 devices. You cannot cross downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5. If any videos say that it's working for A5 devices, they're wrong. Those videos are using an iPhone 4 for demonstrations but claims that it's working for the 4S as well.

Thanks for clarifying this. I won't have to waste more time in finding ways to downgrade.

I m using iphone 4s my ios is 5 version 5.0.1 n my cell is jailbreak i want to uprade to 5.1.1 so what should i do anyone...

I m using iphone 4s my ios is 5 version 5.0.1 n my cell is jailbreak i want to uprade to 5.1.1 so what should i do anyone...

Open up Cydia and on the main page, check on the top to see if you see 5.1.1. If its not there, you can't upgrade to 5.1.1