What's new

Do you have the faster or the slower iPhone 7?

I'm curious more than anything to know why there are two and why different countries get a particular one.

It seems Apple are spreading the wealth, and not becoming reliant on one supplier.

Also, Verizon/Sprint and AT&T/T-mobile have always had different standards. If you think back a few years, there were two distinct models of the iPhone 4. The 4s was the first advertised as a "world phone", when one model covered everyone.

Maybe there isn't room in the phones now for multiple radios. No idea really. I'll be satisfied if Telus supply me with one that will work on their network.

I'm curious more than anything to know why there are two and why different countries get a particular one.
Could be that demand would have exceeded supply had Apple gone with only one type. One of the worst things to happen to a popular product would be a constantly "out of stock" state. It could also be a competitor making a big deal of this in an attempt to turn customers against Apple or trying to play customers against each other.

It's really sad that many people will trade in or demand a refund because they think the next person received a better product when the difference is actually minuscule.

Last edited:
51020211.jpg

I have the Intel ( slower) chip and this totally explains why I wasn't impressed with the difference between my 7 and 6s... In another thread I said I would of returned the 7 and kept my 6s because the difference wasn't worth the outright purchase... But I had already given my son my 6s...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No idea which one I have, Would like to know though.
To determine if your iPhone has the Intel modem, check the model number, found in small print on the back of your smartphone. The Intel modem is in Model A1778 and Model A1784

To determine if your iPhone has the Intel modem, check the model number, found in small print on the back of your smartphone. The Intel modem is in Model A1778 and Model A1784
It's way easier, if you're from Europe: you get the Intel chip.

Last edited:
I'm sure lots of people would never have known about this if the online media outlets didn't make a mountain out of a molehill. Power of suggestion can do a lot of damage.

I'm sure lots of people would never have known about this if the online media outlets didn't make a mountain out of a molehill. Power of suggestion can do a lot of damage.
They always seem to go the extra mile to did up the dirt on Apple that they don't do for other tech companies in the same field. It's like Apple is the company that everybody loves to hate.
It seems to be a function of our society to tear down any person or company that has great success.

They always seem to go the extra mile to did up the dirt on Apple that they don't do for other tech companies in the same field. It's like Apple is the company that everybody loves to hate.
It seems to be a function of our society to tear down any person or company that has great success.
I believe a lot of it has to do with the fact that some people view change as a disturbance, introducing chaos where there once was order, when they could benefit from viewing change as an adventure or opportunity for exploration. But, then again, "the same old same old" doesn't grab attention as well as drama does.

I believe a lot of it has to do with the fact that some people view change as a disturbance, introducing chaos where there once was order, when they could benefit from viewing change as an adventure or opportunity for exploration. But, then again, "the same old same old" doesn't grab attention as well as drama does.
That applies to just about everything. Look what happened to the Apollo Moon program when public interest waned. They cancelled the last three planned missions and scrapped the whole program.

That applies to just about everything. Look what happened to the Apollo Moon program when public interest waned. They cancelled the last three planned missions and scrapped the whole program.
I'm reminded of a quote: "If you deny a child the satisfaction of a response, they will eventually go on to something else." I feel that we, as humans, could benefit from being more particular about what we give our attention to.