What's new

Do you have the faster or the slower iPhone 7?

No idea which one I have, Would like to know though.

On the back of the phone Ivy. I have intel maybe all uk customers have intel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wonder why we get the slower version? I can't imagine it being faster though.

I'm sure there will eventually, if not already, be a YouTube video showing a side by side comparison of the two versions.

Does it really matter so much? I mean, if your device is serving your needs, what does it matter? I feel that this whole thing was brought up by someone who uses their time solely for complaining about every little thing in life. Try not to let the terminally unhappy people affect your life.

Does it really matter so much? I mean, if your device is serving your needs, what does it matter? I feel that this whole thing was brought up by someone who uses their time solely for complaining about every little thing in life. Try not to let the terminally unhappy people affect your life.

It's a non-issue. I agree with Ard. This kind of story is generated to give the impression that buying a phone is a lottery, and the next guy in the line might have got better value than you did. It works because people read headlines and often don't go any further.

In fact, the difference is geographical. Verizon customers will get the faster chip. AT&T will not have to put up with Verizon's lousy service (which itself is probably an urban myth, spread by a few malcontents) and everyone else gets the phone that's made for their locality.

The articles state that there is very little difference in real world usage between the two chipsets. Nothing to see here, folks. Please move along...

A dude on another forum I frequent bought three iPhone 7's on release day. One for himself, one for his wife, and one for a military friend that is deployed. He called Apple and Apple is actually going to refund and exchange all three iPhones for the Qualcomm versions. Weird I know.

I'm thinking this whole thing is probably blown out of proportion and these "slower" phones really aren't all that slower. Like someone mentioned above I guess we will find out when a YouTube video is made. Today at work I'll ask around and see if I can get my hands on an intel model. I'll make a side by side video if I can get my hands on one.

It's a non-issue. I agree with Ard. This kind of story is generated to give the impression that buying a phone is a lottery, and the next guy in the line might have got better value than you did. It works because people read headlines and often don't go any further.

In fact, the difference is geographical. Verizon customers will get the faster chip. AT&T will not have to put up with Verizon's lousy service (which itself is probably an urban myth, spread by a few malcontents) and everyone else gets the phone that's made for their locality.

The articles state that there is very little difference in real world usage between the two chipsets. Nothing to see here, folks. Please move along...

9f97d04a2757f0848a0d6c588876e42f.jpg

I'm curious more than anything to know why there are two and why different countries get a particular one.

It will be interesting to find out, and it would be different if we had a choice and didn't know. But we didn't have a choice and everyone over here got the same. So can't say it bothers me. I just hope what we have is reliable and problem free.

I'm curious more than anything to know why there are two and why different countries get a particular one.

From what I've read many AT&T users got the Intel chip here in the states. I'm a teacher. It should be very easy to get my hands on an Intel iPhone today at work. However most people around here use Verizon. Verizon's coverage is way better than AT&T in most parts of the United States. However, a number of my students use T-Mobile, so I should be able to get my hands on one.

Does anyone have ideas on what tests I should try if I get my hands on both phones? I understand it's the modem that is the part in question. So I plan to put both phones on the school's wifi and try a couple simple tests like sending a video via text and opening websites.
Any other ideas or things I should try?

I can not currently find a youtube video showdown of the two yet...