What's new

Data help

Ledsteplin I have done all steps that was recommended to me. Question how can you be certain it’s not Verizon doing this? Do you have the same Verizon data plan as me? I have a desktop computer that is connected to my router and I have laptop that i use WiFi in my House all time and never have problems with the connection if WiFi any where in the house or on my desk using WiFi on my laptop.

tim56, it’s not only about the wifi connectivity. Have you tried any of the several additional suggestions?

JandN2639 I have tried every step that was given to me does not help at all. May have to go with a different provider do not want to but may have to

You turned off cellular data in settings totally and are still accruing cellular data on WiFi? How long of a period did u monitor this for?

Xrayeyes yes I have WiFi assistant turned off and my cellular data turned off in settings. I was at 100% all day yesterday I rechecked it at 2:10am are it’s at 98 % and I was at home at that time

I’m wondering if someone else is using your data. Do you share the data plan with anyone?

JandN2639 me and mother are on the same plan but my mother is retired in elderly in really doesn’t go out of the house too much anymore

It’s not where someone goes, but what the person does. Media apps such as YouTube use more data than almost anything else.

What is at 98%? Cellular Data is measured in bits. GB, MB, KB. If you turn off Cellular Data, you need to clear the statistics and then measure if you are using DATA, not percentage! At this point, WIFI assist doesn't come in to the picture. Turn cellular data totally off. Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data OFF
Clear the statistics and then see if your phone is accumulating data and then you have to compare it to your Verizon information, which can be found on their app or desktop webpage.
Your phone should not be accumulating data at all at this point. If it is, there's something wrong with your phone, not Verizon. You should have Cellular data OFF. (until you are done with the experimental monitoring of course!).

Last edited:
Xrayeyes I monitor my data with the Verizon app I have on my iPhone 7 Plus 64gb would not know how to do it through my phone settings sorry

Settings>cellular> cellular data off. Then scroll down. Under CELLULAR DATA it shows the current data usage. Then scroll ALL the way down to reset the statistics.

Forgive me, I don’t mean to be harsh, but if you don’t understand this basic concept of cellular usage I don’t see how you can blame Verizon for it?

Xrayeyes where did I say I don’t understand concept of cellular usage? I just do not know how to look for in my phone settings. I have always used the Verizon app to monetarily my use of data