What's new

Anyone receiving message "Not Subscribed to a Data Plan"?

RBernier

Reaction score
I received my iPhone4 on Friday afternoon. I have Wi-Fi in my house so everything seemed good. Saturday, I had to go out for awhile. When I tried to access a web site to get some information, I received a message telling me that I was not subscribed to a data plan. I have a personal Exchange Account, so I am paying 44.95 a month for a data paln. I came home and immediately contacted Verizon tech support. I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour.

After using every trick in their guidebook, the person I was speaking with finally said that she would have to submit a ticket to have the issue escalated. As of this morning, I can still connect via my WI-Fi, but I have no data service at all if I turn off the Wi-Fi. I'll be leaving for work shortly, so I guess I'm going to have a $700.00 phone only for the day.

I plan on calling tech support this morning and telling them that either they have the problem corrected to day or they can send me a new (not refurm) device.

good luck...i'd try bringing it into an apple store as well...

Actually, I ended up going to the Verizon Corporate store today. Explained the situation to them. Told them that I was more convinced that the problem was with the device, not the set up or network. They played with the phone for about 5 minutes and agreed that it was the device. 15 minutes later, I walked out with a new phone.

That's one of the reasons I have stayed with Verizon all these years. (I was a customer with a bag phone when Verizon was Bell Atlantic Mobile).

Haha awesome. I actually just switched over from Verizon to AT&T past September. I had Verizon for a long long time aha