What's new

Traveling to Europe w/ Iphone 4.

babydoll

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new here. I tried googling for answers already but I just got even more confused, haha.
So, next month I'm going to Europe (Netherlands, France, etc., etc.) for a few weeks and I use my Iphone primarily for data related ventures (E-mail, Instagram, Youtube, Aim, Google, some texting... You get the message.) and I'm told I can use Wi-fi, but that I can't really do anything else?
The woman I was speaking to on the phone with Verizon didn't really seem to be too clear with my mom (who was on the phone, I was elsewhere at the time) so... basically I want to know (I'd prefer not to jailbreak, btw)

1) Is there another way besides using Wi-Fi that I can get access to everything, that won't cost out the @$$ and works? Because I really don't want to be designated to having to find a wi-fi spot to check things, this trip I really want to be able to just log photos online as I go/when I please or send things as needed/look things up if I have to.
2) Besides the obvious cost of Wi-Fi (unless it's free) is there going to be any other cost?

Basically anyway you slice it, my phone is probably going to be rendered in the same vein as an itouch pretty much... right?
Sorry if these questions are dumb, I also know my wording is poor but I can't figure out how else to explain it! Thanks.

i just went thru the same issue. im in the USA, but will be traveling to canada for work. im going to be there for 3 weeks so i wanted an affordable way to stay in touch with my family.

verizon was not helpful at all. they wanted to add like a $100 dollar plan or something like that to allow me data roaming. of course, an extra $100 bucks when im paying for 4 phones already is way to much.

the alternative i have found is to use wifi for everything. turn off data roaming. get a google voice phone number. use an app called talkatone to make phone calls and txt messages over wifi. its all free and it works great.

good luck to you.

Sadly, aince you have Verizon your kind of SOL if you don't want to pay for thejr data roaming overseas plan. Wifi is your only choice. At&t would have been a better option for you if you ever planned on traveling overseas

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...