What's new

bluetooth problems

Hi All
I posted a note here a couple of weeks ago saying that I rebooted my ip4 and the bluetooth worked as it should. It did. For about 10 hours and then it was back to the same old thing. Constant disconnects and re-connects so I've been using my phone without the bluetooth which is a pain. My favorite bluetooth device is an Emerson over-the-head headset. When it works it's awesome and worked wonderfully with my 3G iPhone. I also use a Plantronics Voyager 510 which I also like but neither of these headsets work with the ip4 for very long.
I spoke to an Apple ip4 tech today and he had me go into Settings > General > Reset and reset the Network Settings. That also worked for a while and then it returns to disconnecting and re-connecting. The Apple tech said if that doesn't work to call back and they would walk me through restoring the phone as if we all haven't already done that. He said if that didn't work they would send me a new phone, which may or may not help.
Just wanted to do a follow-up on my original post and will try and remember to let you all know how this pans out.

Last edited:
wiz - thanks for the update. Did the tech tell you what the probability is that a new phone would solve the problem? In other words with what frequency is this happening?

I guess I'll get on the phone with apple and start my ticket as well. May as well do it while they are still in a giving mood.

I heard that 4.2 is on the horizon. Any word on whether that may address the BT problems? Man i hope its not the hardware.....

Hi All
As I stated in a previous post, the Apple tech told me to reset the network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings) on my ip4 and I'm happy to announce that my Emerson EM-237C headset seems to be working now. I had to reset this twice and in at least the last try the headsets were already paired with the phone before I did the reset but it's been working with just the normal glitches now for several days. Admittedly, this is not conclusive but it seems to be working in my case. I just tried it with my Plantronics Voyager 510 in a conversation with a friend and that headset seems to be working well also. People have quit complaining about the audio quality and I can hear them well so, for now, I'm happy.

The Apple tech I spoke to made no commitment to whether the new phone would better the situation but he inferred that it would. OS 4.2 will address some issues but I haven't heard which issues Apple thinks are the top priority.

Give this a try and see if it works for you. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I'm using the little 20.00 Q7 & it works great with my iphone 4. I get no complaints.

My only problem is that the sound volume is good @ home but not so good when I'm in the car.

Its going back to Fry's tonight in exchange 4 their 20.00 plantronics model on sale..

More in a bit

I'm also running 4.0.2 unlocked & jailbroken if that helps

Hi to every one... I Have iPhone 4 and I noticed my bluetooth doesn't work at all, even to share photos and something like that..then I thought maybe I need an app to use my bluetooth.. but I have a friend who told me that his bluetooth is working fine with his iPhone 4... besides I noticed that I don't have facetime field in the settings while its is available in my friend iphone4 ... please advice what shall I do for this problem? could it be that i had been cheated or something like that? N.B I paid a fortune to get the iPhone 4!!!

Last edited:
I've read the posts to this forum and now I understand that Appole has a problem with Bluetooth on the iPhone4. My wife's 4S has problems as well.

I have so far tried to connect the 4S to two Blackberries (9630 and 9650) and my Alienware M11x. In each case, it seems that there is a pairing, however it has not been possible to send a photo from or to the 4S via Bluetooth. The 4S does establish an audio connection to the Alienware, but that appears to be it. None of the other devices seem to receive properties from the 4S. When I check the Blutooth Properties for the 4S from the M11x, the Manufacturer, Model, Model Number, and Description are all shown as unavailible.

None of my other Bluetooth devices show up this way on the Alienware's Bluetooth properties. Can it be that the iPhone 4S Bluetooth only works with audio?