What's new

bluetooth problems

santoman

Reaction score
as i m sure everyone is aware to the bluetooth headset problems most are having with connection problems and bad sound--has anyone got a headset that works well with the i phone4--my plantronis 655 sucks and apple support can't help--i was told by the apple tech i was the second one he's aware of that had any problems with the headsets.

i need the bluetooth and if i can't get a fix i will go back to my reliable blackbeery

thanks for the help
dave

Yes there is a problem here. I was using my Jawbone Bluetooth on my old iPhone 3 and sounded great. Then I switch to iPhone 4 and everybody is telling me to throw that bluetooth away. It sounds muffeled and distorted. I put it back on the iphone3 and sounds great. What's up Apple!!! Do you have a fix for this too??

wheres the outrage from the buyers??????--we need to hammer apple and just take the phones back and send a $ message--i don't care how cool the iphone 4 is if it doesn't do the simple stuff what good is it????
i have 2 iphone4 and will takem both back soon go back to the blackberry.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the 4.1 update is supposed to fix quite a few Bluetooth issues.

thats the first thing i did was download the new update and it didn't fix anything--i just can't believe something as simple as bluetooth doesn't work on the new phone when everyone elses phones work great--i am tired of all the people who praise apple as this great company--ya great alright they drag their feet with the attenna prob and refuse to admit they have a bluetooth problem and try to blame the headset or the customer for the problem

Not 4.0.1 the next update will be 4.1.

I hope so. I have one of the "magic cases" on my ip4 and I have noticed that if I have my Bluetooth (Aliph Jawbone) connected and I hold the phone a certain way (no death gripping) the Bluetooth disconnects from the Jawbone.

As with the Original iPhone, I expect several bumps in the road ahead with the ip4. Apple did make several design changes......hopefully we will all be happy in the end. I still carry my 3GS around though....think my 2 yoa niece giving up her paci last week did better than I will giving up my 3GS.

ok went into a att store today and was told that the bluetooth problem can be solved if the headset is updated with the ios4 software. the tech said he did that and has had NO PROBLEMS. first how the hell do i update my headset to ios4 software and second which new bluetooth headsets already come updated?? i still feel apple should be leading the way on this problem and all i get is"you're the only one we a aware is having this problem" its all over the internet apple look it up

I'm currently using the Jaybird JB-200 stereo bluetooth headset and it works fine with the Iphone 4, in fact it's performing even better than it did with my old 3gs as it had the odd sound drop out, but not with the ip4.

i looked up the jabra and could only find one for sale and its too rich for my blood--did find the blueant t1 and found it is supposed to work with the iphone 4--ordered it and we will see-it was the only headset that i found that anyone said it worked--i hope i didn't throw more money away--if it doesn't work i will take both phones back and go back to the blackberry phones and let apple sort things out

ok went into a att store today and was told that the bluetooth problem can be solved if the headset is updated with the ios4 software. the tech said he did that and has had NO PROBLEMS. first how the hell do i update my headset to ios4 software and second which new bluetooth headsets already come updated?? i still feel apple should be leading the way on this problem and all i get is"you're the only one we a aware is having this problem" its all over the internet apple look it up

LOL.... A headset running IOS4!? Now that's funny! Only update would be thru the company selling them.

i thought it odd too but i'm not very iphone smart so i just said great--daa
i just hope the headset works--if anyone is using this headset(blueant t1)let me know what you think about it

thanks dave

I'm not a big headset guy but I would check what headsets apple sells on their site before I purchased. That way if you have problems you can always call and get some input. I find most all Motorola headsets are a pain when it comes to apple. I couldn't even get stereo motorola earphones to connect to my Mac.

ya i've had trouble with motorola headsets and won't buy any in the future--i"ve had good luck with plantronics except with my iphone and like i said earlier it looks like all headsets don't work right. i should have the blueant t1 today and will let all know how it works or don't??????????

thurs received the blueant t1-made 2 calls and both were fine--one customer said i sounded like i was on speaker phone but he heard me fine--will be on the road this weekend to chicago and that will be the big test--road noise and all--will give a update on monday and will then judge the headset--since i drive for a living i have to have a headset that works

thanks again for all the help and have a good weekend

dave