What's new

Beta program

iphonephotographyguy

Reaction score
I have a 6s an I recently signed up for the iOS beta program. I currently have 11.2.5 on my iPhone. I’ve noticed my battery drains a lot quicker then it should an my phone is less then a yr old. I thought maybe it had a bad battery so I downloaded a couple apps an every one said my battery was still fine. I’ve finally pinpointed it to something to do with the beta program. Would love to hear suggestions from others for fixing it or if u had the same thing happen to u. Thanks in advance

I have a 6s an I recently signed up for the iOS beta program. I currently have 11.2.5 on my iPhone. I’ve noticed my battery drains a lot quicker then it should an my phone is less then a yr old. I thought maybe it had a bad battery so I downloaded a couple apps an every one said my battery was still fine. I’ve finally pinpointed it to something to do with the beta program. Would love to hear suggestions from others for fixing it or if u had the same thing happen to u. Thanks in advance
Devices on the beta program frequently have poor battery life, especially during the early beta releases. This improves as the beta releases get closer to the public release. This is due to the fact that the first concern of Apple is to get the new features working properly before concentrating on power management.

With a beta software version on your iPhone, it’s really easy to send feedback to Apple. There’s an app for that. In some cases, Apple will contact you, and ask you to provide more details; or they release an update, and want to know if your problem has been solved. Sometimes you don’t get a reply. So if you notice a remarkable battery drain, tell them about it. One of the general ideas of using a beta version is helping Apple improving their software.

My iPhone SE is also running 11.2.5 (Public beta 5), and the last two updates improved my device’s battery life immensely.

Last edited:
I’m on the betta program to,11.2.6 and my battery is fine,maybe stop apps updating in background in settings could help if you haven’t already done it.

I’m on the betta program to,11.2.6 and my battery is fine,maybe stop apps updating in background in settings could help if you haven’t already done it.
iOS 11.2.6 is the regular software. If you are on Beta, your iOS should be 11.3.