What's new

Battery drain..boring subject

angeliq

Reaction score
What is the norm on battery usage under normal circumstances. We all talk about the problem and how to rectify it, and everybody got his own norm. What is an acceptable usage in % per hour under normal use without switching off apps and things. Then people can decide if their phone is average or above or below...that will hopefully end discussion that should in many cases be unnecessary..

please don't bump your post until 48hrs have passed and then only once,thank you.

My previous post was to invite people to tell me what their experience is on their phones regarding % per hour. It's such a pity that about 170 views missed the invitation. But let us try again. I just want to try and get an average on usage. So, if possible, just tell me what your experience is regarding usage. My experience on 4s is about 15% per hour, wifi and 3G on. If I can get the info, I can maybe establish a percentage that's an indication of other users' experience. Lot of people moan about usage, but maybe it is in the norm. I would like people to participate. I think we can establish a norm and then we can test our own usage against the norm. Then we can decide if we have a reason to complain. Thanx for participating. And remember, it doesn't matter if you don't want to...

I get between 8-9% per hour on LTE.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Usage/drain fluctuates between users. You can never get a solid number or norm of what it's supposed to be. One person can have their device running all day and still have 20% left. Some takes 30 minutes to drop 80%, some take 5 hours to drop 80%, etc etc.

Last edited:
I get 12 - 15% of battery drain per hour on wifi only. Scrambling hard to achieve 10-12%. Will not give up.

Usage/drain fluctuates between users. You can never get a solid number or norm of what it's supposed to be. One person can have their device running all day and still have 20% left. Some takes 30 minutes to drop 80%, some take 5 hours to drop 80%, etc etc.
All I want is to have something to work on. Some people got 10% per hour, and then complain it's too much drain, while others don't complain about 15% per hour. My goal is to give someone satisfaction that other people with the same drainage are either happy or sad about it. To tell people that it differs from person to person just give me no satisfaction on what is good or bad. I saw complaints about roughly 10% per hour, where for me, it's very good. Two posts received now and one is 8-9% and the other 12-15 wifi only. If mine is then 15%, wifi and 3G on, I know that somewhere someone is experiencing same problem/result as me. Carat app shows where your battery is as % of all phones with them.

Ok, it looks like we do have many views, but no participants. However, if I look at the two posts, it seems like between 8% per hour and 15% per hour is a usage that doesn't need anyone to throw toys. It will be in that region, and if my phone is just acting between those two lines, it seems ok. The 8% - 9% is in my opinion a very good figure, but I am sure that battery drain activities are very little.