What's new

Weird battery / power issues ip5s 8.4

dheerpat

Reaction score
hi all I purchased above second hand from my internet..I am facing below issues
1) when watching YouTube or playing games phone gets super hot could not find any such issues in web browsing or calls in limited usage, btw I am using wifi for net battery suddenly drops from 80 to 30 in 10 mints of game playing!!! To top that when I plugged in charger after rebooting battery showed 80% !!!

2) today I thought I would drain battery completely and recharge full I played YouTube till the battery dropped to 8% red..it refused to go below that somehow and temperature also dropped slightly

3) I connected origin lightning cable to wall charger but it refused to charge . Was not detected by iTunes also

4) panicking bought a cheap lightning cable (Chinese) thru which was able to charge .when I reached 11% I switched back to previous cable and it started charging thru that!!!

What could be the issue here guys

Welcome to iPhoneForums, dheerpat!

When your iPhone gets hot, it can be an app misbehaving, or a software problem.
Did this start after installing an app? Does the iPhone crash frequently when you use a certain app? If that's the case, you'll know the culprit. Deinstall the app, and see if this helps.

Otherwise try resetting all settings (Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings). This will set back your device to default, so you'll have to connect to Wi-Fi again and enter the password, set up everything you prefer...

If this doesn't help, connect your device to iTunes on a computer. Make sure you have a most recent backup. Then restore your iPhone. After restoring, reset it (press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears; let go of both, your device will power up on it's own). If you sue iCloud, and the problem is still there after restoring from an iTunes backup, erase your iPhone once more and restore from an iCloud backup and reset your device afterwards.

Maybe this will also solve your problem with your battery, because a hot device also causes battery issues.

hi,as mentioned earlier heating happens only when youtube and playing games
i have hard reset many times without restoring...i have just basic apps inatalled like whatsap truecaller etc

wondering what causes rapid battrry drain is there an app which identifies defective battery if thats the case

another issue i found was external
speakeer behaving erraticaly coild here some static noise grinding when kept to ear....when max volume sounds stop emanitaing(eg when playing music) this is sometimes corrected by pressing right side lower portion of phone..

It's out of warranty actually..ny way thnx for ur reverts

I am not a game type or YouTube type so will restrict myself to phone nd net functions as long as it behaves well

Btw is it possible to know when it was manufactured I tried checking Ime on net

It's got different Ime on back cover (which returns no result)

Did you try checking the IMEI in Settings - About? That's certainly the right one for your device.

It looks like your iPhone doesn't consist of it's original hardware parts. The back cover must have been changed by a previous owner.