What's new

Battery died prematurely

MikeDee

Reaction score
I had the phone in a pocket of my cycling jersey in a case and in a zip lock bag. Around noon, I took the phone out and it was hot and it shut itself down with a dead battery. The only thing I can think of is that a button got pushed and held down when I put my wallet in the same pocket. Today it's working fine. Any ideas what could have happened?

Might be the temperature exposure. There's a fail-safe that will turn the device off if the temperature's getting too hot, which is why they recommend that you not leave the device under direct sunlight

Might be the temperature exposure. There's a fail-safe that will turn the device off if the temperature's getting too hot, which is why they recommend that you not leave the device under direct sunlight
Yes, but the battery was dead. I confirmed that when I plugged it into the charger. Plus, I tried restarting it when it cooled down; no go.

Give it another day in room temperature, then plug it into an outlet (not a computer) and see if the device boots up or at least shows the red charging symbol. If not, bring it to a local Genius Bar and have them run diagnostics on it. If it's a battery issue, they will supply you with a replacement phone of no charge assuming the moisture level indicators were not triggered.