What's new

Anyone get their 6S Plus Battery Replaced for $29?

Scottysize

Reaction score
If so, have you noticed a difference? I'm going to schedule an appointment tomorrow to get mine replaced.

The official price for the battery replacement service in Canada is $35.00 but the local Apple authorized service provider is charging $50.00. Are they allowed to do that?

This is what Consumer Reports Org. says -
You should also confirm that it will honor the $29 replacement charge. According to Apple, authorized repair shops can decide for themselves whether to uphold the offer.

The official price for the battery replacement service in Canada is $35.00 but the local Apple authorized service provider is charging $50.00. Are they allowed to do that?
Seems so. An article in Macrumours says that some of them are charging more than the amount told by Apple, in order to “maintain reasonable profit margins for time and labor.”

So it sounds like we should call our Apple store before going, huh? I couldn't get an appointment until next Friday.

Is there any difference in the speed after changing the battery?

I forgot to test. Dropping mine off today, but I'll run a speed test before I do.

Trying to get the battery on my dad's iPhone 6 replaced. Took it to an Apple store in Canada and they gave me price of $35 to replace the battery. They didn't have any in stock and said that it would be at least 2 weeks before a replacement arrived. The said they'd call me when it's arrived.

While at the store, they performed a diagnostic test on the current battery and said it's 86% which isn't at all terrible, but if I wanted to change it, no problem. So I agreed and am waiting for the parts to arrive.

Oh, and they also mentioned that the day I have to bring it in for replacement it would be approx. 3-4 hours for the replacement to be done.

Trying to get the battery on my dad's iPhone 6 replaced. Took it to an Apple store in Canada and they gave me price of $35 to replace the battery. They didn't have any in stock and said that it would be at least 2 weeks before a replacement arrived. The said they'd call me when it's arrived.

While at the store, they performed a diagnostic test on the current battery and said it's 86% which isn't at all terrible, but if I wanted to change it, no problem. So I agreed and am waiting for the parts to arrive.

Oh, and they also mentioned that the day I have to bring it in for replacement it would be approx. 3-4 hours for the replacement to be done.
Yup. Took my store 3 weeks to get a replacement battery for my 6S Plus. I was told I could wait the 2 hours, or just drop it off and return tomorrow. I'm doing the drop it off option since I have a X

When I had my battery replaced, it took about 20 minutes. It helped that I was the first customer after they opened.
Since my CPU wasn’t being throttled, the benchmark tests were the same before and after the battery replacement.
BTW, I had to wait about a month for the replacement battery to arrive.
Also, make sure to back up the iPhone just before taking it in for the battery replacement, just in case.

So I show up. Dude tells me come back in 2 hours, which I was expecting.I came back and my phone wasn't ready, so they gave me a replacement. I was like, cool, but couldn't you have done this 2 hours ago?

I updated my phone and never noticed any speed issues. I did have a battery that dropped to 0 after 50%, though. I took some tests prior to bringing it in, but they all came out to what the other benchmarks are shown as for the 6S Plus.

Now i've got to decide what to do with it. I think it's going up for sell on Swappa.

About two months after I replaced mine another 6 plus fault appeared-defective screen. Changing the battery disturbs the connector to the screen and can kill off the phone.