What's new

iPhone 6S Plus Random Restarts

Brandon Crooms

Reaction score
I have had a 2nd hand iPhone 6s Plus for roughly a year...It's been through several iFixIt replacement batterys and camera replacements due to previous user rough usage.

The odd issue I have is that the phone will work just fine if I do a reset and let it charge completely (currently has a new battery) but after I install a good amount of apps....the phone starts it reboots again. The phone appears to show correct charge level for the battery...

I'm wondering if something is wrong with the logic board or the storage portion of the phone....

Any help is appreciated...

Brandon

Does the same thing happen if you have other thing like movies and tv shows instead of apps using up the storage capacity

Does the same thing happen if you have other thing like movies and tv shows instead of apps using up the storage capacity

I'm not sure as I am using another phone now. I still have this one lying around in hopes that I could salvage it. I could try downloading a large file to it I assume to test. Or are there any apps to test the health of the storage on an iPhone?

Devices like computers and iOS devices don't behave normally if you use up all or nearly all of the available storage. It would help if we knew how much free storage was on your iPhone when the problem manifested itself.

Its a 128GB iPhone. It's never been close to being full. Probably not even filling 20% when i was using it daily.

I actually had another new iFixIt battery on hand that was still in the box. So I figured i'd test it with the phone....same issue is present with new battery being tested. The phone will take a minute or so to show correct battery level(roughly 75%)....then it restarts, and shows 1%

It’s quite likely you have a fault on the motherboard. Normally an Apple Genius Bar could run a diagnosis on your iPhone to confirm the problem but Apple won’t service an iphone that has been repaired outside the authorized service system.

Last edited:
Are there any ways to test that my self? I know of the iPhone repair shops on YT and such but i don't really want to send it off. I feel like it would end up being a board replacement and that would probably be more than the phone is worth. Parts + labor.