What's new

16 gb or 32gb?

I am going to get 32g version. I download movies like it's my job so I am going to need as much space as possible. Not to mention the 30 some odd books I have on iBooks.

I have an iphone 4 16gb with 196 apps and 600 photos and have plenty of space remaining. I also have about 7 ibooks and a few videos and I have had no problems at all.

With all that on your iPhone and only 16 gigs, the question arrizes...why would anyone need 32gigs of space?

You don't list any music on your iPhone and that does take up a lot of space, but with 196 apps, 600 photos, and 7 iBooks already on your phone you still aren't experiencing any storage problems...you can't have much space left for anything else.

I might be missing something here.

Cya

I have 7.1gb remaining. I am guilty of adding too many apps which I will likely never use again because I keep finding better apps to do the job. The ones I don't use I have put in folders on my last few pages until I actually decide they will never be used again then I should have plenty of free space left.

Ahh...that makes sense now. I think we're all guilty of hanging to things long after we shouldn't.

Cya

Also don't forget the 720p video recording, that can take up some space if you record enough videos...

I would get a 32gb model. I currently have 10gb of music and it's always slowly growing. I also like taking pictures and video with my phones so I'm sure that will take up some space. :camera:

And if you have any movies, that will definitely eat up your space on the phone. I usually just swap some random ones out on my phone to keep my son occupied.

And if you have any movies, that will definitely eat up your space on the phone. I usually just swap some random ones out on my phone to keep my son occupied.
I normally keep a few movies on my ipod currently and swap them out like you do. Normally don't get the chance to watch them that often.

Personally, i would (and did) go with the 32gb model. You will never wish you had less space. Just my 2 cents.

I had the 8GB iPhone 3G and I was able to make do with that, even with some short videos, music, photos, and apps.

I don't get why the difference is $100 though, you can buy a 32GB flash card for much less then $100.

I had the 8GB iPhone 3G and I was able to make do with that, even with some short videos, music, photos, and apps.

I don't get why the difference is $100 though, you can buy a 32GB flash card for much less then $100.

Greed. Enough said.

Greed. Enough said.

Don't mistake greed for successful marketing and branding. If the demand wasn't there, the markup wouldn't be either. Companies aren't in business NOT to make as much money as possible.

yes i got my 32GB flash drive for £56 that was some time ago though but apple have to make profit not sell it for the exact same price they pay to put in 32gb memory instead of 16 in the phone

Greed. Enough said.

Don't mistake greed for successful marketing and branding. If the demand wasn't there, the markup wouldn't be either. Companies aren't in business NOT to make as much money as possible.

Their NOT? You should tell that to my boss because that's all he talks about is profit