What's new

Undecided on how many GB to get

b4by_d011

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking to get an iPhone 6+ or the 6s+ not sure yet, whatever one is cheaper lol anyhow I can't decide on how many GB to get. I'm not sure if they 16 will be enough and I don't think I'll use all of 64gb. Not to mention there's now icloud and Verizon cloud. I use my phone mainly for pictures, maybe 5 videos top maybe less, and apps. I barley play any games maybe 2 the most, no music as that's what Pandora is for. So I'm not sure witch GB to choose.

I have an iPhone 6S Plus, I got 16GB again and I manage just fine, I store photos off line, I don't play games, I do have a lot of music on there, no videos and right now I have 5.4 GB available.
It sounds like 16 GB would be fine for you.

The 6s is cheaper than the 6s Plus.

Maybe 16 GB would be fine for you, but don't forget you can't add storage afterwards. You're stuck with the 16 GB on the device itself. Also, the system needs a bit of your storage, so in fact there are about 13 or 14 GB left.

Here's important information about iCloud:
iCloud is not meant for storing pictures and videos. It's for syncing them to other devices, mainly those from Apple. As soon as you remove a photo/video from your iPhone, it will also be removed from iCloud.
If you need online storage for your images and videos, there are Flickr, Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Photos - just a few of those that start with free storage.

Last edited:
I'd go with a 64 gig for sure. It's better to have more memory than you need than run out of memory.

Many apps over time take up more memory as you use them, and this is normal. The stock Apple apps that can't be deleted will chew away at more memory space too.

A 64gig model will have much better resale value should you ever decide to sell it. If you look at most of the used 6s's for sale (even new in box) are almost all 16 gig. I know these people bought the 16 gig thinking it had enough memory only to realize it wasn't enough, hence the flood of used 16 gig models.

For what it's worth, my first two iPhones were 16GB. The last one, a 5s, ended up over 3/4 full by the time I traded up to a 64GB 6s. I'm a very light user when it comes to not installing a whole lot of games. I do take some video, but most of it gets moved off to a computer instead of sitting forever on the phone. And I've only got a couple hundred photos that I keep on the phone - not thousands like some folks do. Stuff just seems to add up, and I agree with those who say that for the extra money it's nice to be comfortable in the amount of storage space you have. You can't add more if you need it. BTW, never plan on using "all" of a phone's memory. The OS needs a fair amount of it to remain free for working space, and especially for installing new iOS updates. My recommendation would be for 64GB. Better too much than too little.

Go for 64gb even phone updates use a lot these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went wit a 128gb 6+, my son loads games on my phone, so this phone should last me a long time

There is no such thing as too much memory. There is definitely such a thing as not enough. Go with the maximum you can afford. I would rather wait out a cycle and keep a phone for four years than cheap out and get the latest and greatest with a smaller storage capacity.

A lot of people have the larger capacity on their phones and fill It up with stuff they never use, I make sure that I only put on apps I will use, if I dont use them I delete them.
I'm very picky about what goes into my phone, Everyone is different but I wouldn't need 64GB, I would never come anywhere close to filling it.
Let us know what you decide.

Hopefully this year they get rid of the 16GB model ...I feel 32GB should be standard for phones with no sd cards ..

6s Plus [emoji390]
I agree with that 100%, I was hoping that they would do that last year.

I would never ever go now w 16 it used to be enough,on 5S I noticed it wasn't. Kept getting low memory
It's 100$ more IMO money well spent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love 64g-
BUT I think next will be one more up- 128 for me that's MORE than enough!
I use cloud and even flash drives