What's new

YouTube Will No Longer Play Videos

BeKure

Reaction score
iPhone or iPad. The iPhone Youtube app will no longer play videos and the browser (Safari or any otherf browser) on the iPad will no longer play Youtube videos either. Everything from NetFlix to Hulu works fine on both devices. What's going on?

BeKure said:
iPhone or iPad. The iPhone Youtube app will no longer play videos and the browser (Safari or any otherf browser) on the iPad will no longer play Youtube videos either. Everything from NetFlix to Hulu works fine on both devices. What's going on?

I just tried the YouTube app on my iPhone 5 and it just played a video perfectly.

I just tried the YouTube app on my iPhone 5 and it just played a video perfectly.

I just turned off Wifi on all 3 of my iDevices and YouTube played just fine. I turn Wifi back on and Hulu, NetFlix, and Amazon play perfectly but YouTube won't play at all. I guess it's my router.

Have a look at this. Some iPadForums members have had some luck changing their DNS server.

Here's a copy of the post with a link to the instructions.

Originally Posted by KevinJS
OK. I take no responsibility for this. Let's get that disclaimer out of the way first. I have not tried this, mainly because I haven't needed to.

In another thread someone mentioned that they changed their DNS, and got YouTube working again. Google have set up a public DNS server, and since YouTube is owned by Google, it's a fair bet that this will work.

I'm not going to attempt to type out the instructions. I'll give you the web address so you can get them directly from the author. However, this word of warning. Write down your present settings before you change a thing, then if it doesn't work, you should be able to re-enter your settings and be none the worse for wear.

Here's where to find the instructions. http://www.macinstruct.com/node/452

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited: