What's new

YouTube videos not working...?

jnr06

Reaction score
My phone is jailbroken and works fine, but within the last week or two when i watch a video on YouTube all I can hear is the video and it only shows the first frame.

Any idea why? Or a way to fix this?

TIA

And now I just checked a video I took at a basketball game doesn't work either.

Bump?

Still looking for an answer other than restore my phones settings and upgrade to 4.2.

Im guessing you've closed the app completly and tried a reboot?

You can save your SHSH's in cydia or tiny umbrella so you don't have to upgrade when you restore...

Im guessing you've closed the app completly and tried a reboot?

You can save your SHSH's in cydia or tiny umbrella so you don't have to upgrade when you restore...

Yeah, I did the reboot a couple of times and my video playback is still not working.

Is there a guide to saving my SHSH's in Cydia?

NM on the last question. I googled it.

Last edited:
Here's how to to it from cydia. You need to press the make my life easier button and wait until it shows 4.1 in green at the top. It could take a day or two.

Download the 4.1 firmware from apple here

You will need to modify the iTunes hosts file so it verifies the restore with cydia and not apple. To do this navigate to C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the file hosts with notepad, at the bottom on a new line copy and paste this;

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Remember to save your changes. Now you can hold shift while clicking restore and show iTunes the file you downloaded. It will then restore your phone.

Tiny umbrella will save your SHSH's instantly on your computer. I've never used it personally...

Here's how to to it from cydia. You need to press the make my life easier button and wait until it shows 4.1 in green at the top. It could take a day or two.

Download the 4.1 firmware from apple here

You will need to modify the iTunes hosts file so it verifies the restore with cydia and not apple. To do this navigate to C:Windows\System32\drivers\etc and open the file hosts with notepad, at the bottom on a new line copy and paste this;

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

Remember to save your changes. Now you can hold shift while clicking restore and show iTunes the file you downloaded. It will then restore your phone.

Tiny umbrella will save your SHSH's instantly on your computer. I've never used it personally...

Thanks. I will try this when I get home from work this evening. Will post results tomorrow.