What's new

Your help and thoughts please...

mlc331

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum (1st post!) :eek:

A little history first...
I was an PC user for years. when they first starting going crazy in windows-based operation, I was one of the guys building his own PC. After years of frustration with Antivirus, spyware, worms, etc. etc. I finally went to a MAC. I now how 3 macs in the home, 2 ipads and 5 ipods. I used to use a blackberry, and then went to Ipone via ATT. I left my family on Verizon... was there long enough to put my wife on ATT with an iphone and then actually paid to get out of it (after about 6 months) and restored my wife and I on Verizon with the rest of the family.

Now then, when I came back I went with the original droid. Then to the HTC Eris, then the Incredible and now the X. I've always said that when Verizon goes to the Iphone, "I'm in!). Well, that day has come but I had a few questions prior to make the jump from my X to the IP4.

1. When I was on the 3gs, I had a major issue with trying to text 10-15 people at a time. I could individually add recipients every text, but that was extremely cumbersome. I use Group Text now (an android app) and it's been pretty solid.
Q: Is there a way to mass text now, by texting groups that I can create? If not with the stock OS offerings, is there an application?

2. Right now I have different notifications attached to different types of communications:
A. Personal Email
b. Work email via Exchange
c. Gmail
d. Text messaging
E. Voice Mail
F. Phone calls
F2. Different ringers/notifications for different people
Q: Will I be able to do all these different types of communications with the Iphone 4? I've been reading that I can't change different types of communication notifications... Can somebody clarify?

3. I know that there are many applications out there that will get me closer to being in bliss... But????
Q:What will jailbreaking do for me? does it void the warranty? and can I jail break and then return it to stock to for warranty/insurance issues?

4. Can the Iphone 4 bluetooth music to your car?

I came from a Motorola Droid A855 on April 1st after 13 months of Android and my wife still uses a DX. So I know some of your answers in the context you mean them.

1) Yes. That was added in iOS 4.

2) Notifications ringtones are hit and miss.
Individual Contacts - You have to create them in the proper format or buy them but you can set unique ones for each caller.
Voice Mail - One.
Text Messaging - One.
EMail - One that is played for all accounts.

3) Only to a point and you will have to pay for most of the "good" apps. Yes. If you want to commit fraud, yes.

4) I believe you have to use an A2DP compatible Bluetooth device.