What's new

Yosemite

Definitely good news! I was able to watch the WWDC 14 keynote today with closed captions, so I learned about the new features. Among the features that I am looking forward to are Continuity and Handoff. Both of these new features work in tandem with iOS devices to allow you to seamlessly pick up and continue your work as you switch from device to device.

OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, can't wait! These are indeed an exciting times :)

Definitely good news! I was able to watch the WWDC 14 keynote today with closed captions, so I learned about the new features. Among the features that I am looking forward to are Continuity and Handoff. Both of these new features work in tandem with iOS devices to allow you to seamlessly pick up and continue your work as you switch from device to device.

OS X Yosemite and iOS 8, can't wait! These are indeed an exciting times :)
Yes it is exciting, Last year surprised us all when it was announced Mavericks would be free and it looks like this trend will continue.....I suppose you could say I had inside information, I was on the phone with a Senior Advisor from Apple getting help with a problem with my MacBook, I asked him if it was likely that the problem would be fixed in Yosemite and it was then he said that it's a free upgrade again this year.

I applied for the public beta program and am waiting for the redemption code.

I'm not sure if an NDA will accompany the beta program release, but, if it doesn't, please keep us posted on how it's working for you.

This will be even more exciting for you Ard as it will be the first time you have upgraded your new baby, If you love it now you're going to love it even more.

This will be even more exciting for you Ard as it will be the first time you have upgraded your new baby, If you love it now you're going to love it even more.

Indeed! I spent the last 13 years in Linux where I had to compile everything myself - it gets old pretty quick. I have installed 6 apps on this new Mac mini and haven't had to compile a thing! I have a feeling upgrades will be a breeze :)

Looks like AirDrop will finally be cross compatible between iOS and OS X. That'll be useful.
Yes it will, I'm greatly looking forward to Handoff too.

I'm not sure if an NDA will accompany the beta program release, but, if it doesn't, please keep us posted on how it's working for you.
There was a terms and conditions document that you had to read and agree to before the application was sent.

there was a terms and conditions document that you had to read and agree to before the application was sent.

Yeah, May have been an NDA clause in there somewhere. Can't say I blame them, given the impact of such a program.

Last edited:
Looking for help with air drop. Works fine on iPad and iPhone both mine and wife's. But cannot get it to macbookair or my Mac desktop, it shows air drop available but cannot get anything to cross. All on same network

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk