What's new

Yosemite Is Here.

That's good to hear, I may take the plunge tomorrow.

Ivy...I said that too, but than I thought...oh what the heck. I'll just do it. I am glad I did, since today I am off. Didn't think that it would take as long. I heard that some took 3 hours to download and install.

I have the Macbook Air and I am always worried about storage. I like to have about 50% or more of storage, so I am constantly cleaning out applications, documents and also transferring pics to my Passport HD. Works well. I also am looking at one of those SD cards that you can add to your MBA also. So...I know what you mean about needing an external HD. Totally understand.

By the way, you'll like Yosemite. It seems to be work nicely across all 3 devices! :)

Thanks Carol, I was looking at a Passport HD as they are compatible with Apple.
I think I will like it, I like what I have read on it so far.

Earlier this year I purchaced a 1TB LACIE external Thunderbolt hard drive for my MacBook Pro. It's powered through the Thunderbolt cable and doesn't need a separate power cable.

Thanks Carol, I was looking at a Passport HD as they are compatible with Apple.
I think I will like it, I like what I have read on it so far.

I think you'll be very happy with a Passport, I like mine. I have had mine for at least 3 years now and it's still working great. I have used it on 2 window computers and so had to reformat the HD in order for it to read/write to both Macs and Windows. Not hard at all! If you buy a new one, I doubt you'll need to format it since its updated. Good luck.

[email protected] for the tip on your HD...I'll have to take a look at that one too when I am ready to buy a new one. I'm actually interested now in those wireless hub devices that streams your pics to your Mac/ipad too. A member at ipadforums mentioned one that was on sale...looked pretty sweet! :)

Earlier this year I purchaced a 1TB LACIE external Thunderbolt hard drive for my MacBook Pro. It's powered through the Thunderbolt cable and doesn't need a separate power cable.
I looked at one of those sci, it was much more expensive but it did look good.
I think it was that one, The sales person said it was wireless, It was LaCie.

I looked at one of those sci, it was much more expensive but it did look good.
I think it was that one, The sales person said it was wireless, It was LaCie.
That would have been a different model. Mine isn't wireless but uses the Thunderbolt cable to supply power and transfer data. Mine is the size of a small paperback novel and has orange silicon armor.

That would have been a different model. Mine isn't wireless but uses the Thunderbolt cable to supply power and transfer data. Mine is the size of a small paperback novel and has orange silicon armor.
Ah right, They both sound good, We have an Authorised Apple distributor in our town closer than the Apple Store and they sell the Passport and LaCie hard drives.

I installed Yosemite yesterday. It took me 22 minutes on Time Warner turbo connection.
I had to instal Java for some application to work.
So far very happy new font is really good.

On the subject of Java.
I spoke to Apple for a bit of advice as I wanted to know what to do if i got the Java popup.
What they said is that Java will be on my Mac but i wouldn't notice it as it updates automatically in the background, If anyone gets the popup they should just click to update it. I'm assuming that if your Java is up to date then you won't get the popup.

I have installed Yosemite, It took 2.5 in total and it went very smoothly.
I didn't get the Java popup.
I haven't explored it as yet.

I never did get the Java update myself. Haven't seen it as of yet either.

Have fun with Yosemite!

For me the error message kept popping up and wont go away, so i'm installing java now :/ hopefully that will do the trick

That's interesting. I did get an update from Adobe earlier, but not sure if that had anything to do with me not getting that update. Hope you get it sorted!

That's interesting. I did get an update from Adobe earlier, but not sure if that had anything to do with me not getting that update. Hope you get it sorted!
I got the Adobe update as well and had no Java update pop up when updating to Yosemite.

For me the error message kept popping up and wont go away, so i'm installing java now :/ hopefully that will do the trick
Apparently Java is safe enough, The advice is to make sure its updated as and when.