What's new

Work location with siri

8balluk

Reaction score
I'm trying to set my work location for reminders but it doesn't work. I maybe doing something wrong. I've created my personal contact in contacts. And saved my work address in that contact under work.

Is this correct???

I don't believe this has anything to do with Siri but I don't believe it's possible to set a specific location unless you set it when you leave or enter that place.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Oh right

So u have to set the location while your at that location?

How you do that

When I asked Siri to directions to my work, she used the work address in my contact. I always "assumed" that she would use that address as the work location. I have not seen anywhere where I can "set" the location as work.

I have used the work location as a reminder and it worked perfectly. Just make sure your work address is in your contact info and labeled as work.

It's pretty neat, actually.

Activate Siri and tell it "Siri, I'm at work now." (or "home" or "the grocery store" whatever)

I don't know if you are in the UK. If you are the mapping in this Country does not work at the moment.
Hopefully this will be sorted in Siri with the next update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cueball said:
I don't know if you are in the UK. If you are the mapping in this Country does not work at the moment.
Hopefully this will be sorted in Siri with the next update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Been sold a pup then :(

Thanks

Been sold a pup then :(

From the Apple website, in the description of Siri:

Siri can also assist you using these apps and services in the U.S. in English:

Maps
Local search with Yelp!

Maps and local search support will be available in additional countries in 2012.

Sorry you did not do your research first, but Apple has never said Siri will work with Maps outside the US until 2012.

8balluk said:
Obviously not

Summary:

Siri is stuck in the wrong country; how can it be forced to use USA tools such as google.com?

Details:

I bought a Verizon iPhone 4S as a gift for someone who lives in the USA, but they were in the UK when they received it.

They used it in the UK on Wi-Fi without attempting to activate Verizon service, and it performed as expected apart from short battery charge life.

They tried Siri on it, but soon gave up as it is pretty useless in the UK at present.

They then returned to the USA and activated Verizon service, which works as expected.

However, Siri is really disappointing, even in the USA. Part of the reason may be that it is using UK-based tools such as google.co.uk instead of USA-based tools such as google.com. Turning Siri off and on again did not fix this. The maps app shows current location correctly.

Any suggestions for forcing Siri to use USA-based tools would be gratefully received.