What's new

Siri location reminders, figured it all out!!!

samd12

Reaction score
There has bee allot of speculation around about how to use siri location reminders. I spent quite a bit of time on it and figured out what is going on.
First off a location does not have to be under your contact to work. It can be an address under any contact in your address book. The key to it all is to get all of your contacts under icloud. if you have any that are sitting under exchange (does not have to be an exchange server, older contacts were made this way) or a contact under all on my iphone then you will have issues. You must move your contacts to the new icloud contact format to get it to work. if you want to check this go under address book on the iphone 4s, click on groups in the upper left hand corner. With the exception of all contacts and icloud, if you have any contacts under anything else you need to get them moved over. Once you do it all works perfectly.
I had a bit of a nightmare doing it as I had "all on my iphone" and "exchange" contact groups at one time, but once moved everything fell together.
I will say this, having a machine on lion made a big difference, it allowed me to utilize the computer to get the other contact types up to the cloud very easy. I could not find a wy on my 10.6.8 machine.
I will try to post a write up later on how to move the accounts over but it was not an easy thing to do as I had to be very careful to not lose any contacts. I will keep an eye on this thread to try to help people out also

More detail -- and problems solved -- with getting Siri to recognize locations:
<http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-general-discussion-12/how-add-set-locations-reminders-siri-23287/>