What's new

wooden iphone 4S case

rickettsj

Reaction score
so i have been searching all over the internet for a great wooden case. it looks like the best out there is made by miniot....followed by a close 2nd for itimber. I contacted itimber and they stated that their cases do not fit the 4S :mad: cause its what i have. and the miniot case is a little rich for my blood, especially when its getting shipped from Holland and i says its a 4-6 week shipping process. does anyone else have any type of suggestions for a quality wooden case that's not made in China, or of bamboo...i did find a few others (grovemade, root, trunket, karvt) i'm not looking for a skin. i want something similar to what miniot is making. does anyone have any suggestions....

maybe there have wooden cases you like from china, you can search it from internet.

china makes nothing but GARBAGE.....when it comes to tolerances and specs they are useless and don't understand that we can measure in thousandth's of an inch.....

Last edited by a moderator:
rickettsj said:
china makes nothing but GARBAGE.....when it comes to tolerances and specs they are useless and don't understand that we can measure in thousandth's of an inch.....[/

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited:
^WOW really?? its assembled there....not designed, not engineered, not created...just assembled...apes can assemble anything. making something from scratch is the hard part. and thats what China can not do. but thanks for adding NOTHING useful to my original post.

^WOW really?? its assembled there....not designed, not engineered, not created...just assembled...apes can assemble anything. making something from scratch is the hard part. and thats what China can not do. but thanks for adding NOTHING useful to my original post.
While I find your sorta pompous attitude about China annoying, what you're saying there is essentially correct. Assembly is very easy. Creation is the hard thing.

Sort of like Bill Gates copies every good idea from Apple and then mass assembles a "lesser quality" version of it for the rest of the world. *wink, wink*

Last edited:

So china haven't been responsible for this? just a little history surrounding china and what they have accomplished.

China has been the source of many significant inventions, including the Four Great Inventions: papermaking, the compass, gunpowder, and printing (both woodblock and movable type). The list below contains these and other inventions.

The Chinese invented technologies involving mechanics, hydraulics, and mathematics applied to horology, metallurgy, astronomy, agriculture, engineering, music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare. By the Warring States Period (403–221 BC), they had advanced metallurgic technology, including the blast furnace and cupola furnace, while the finery forge and puddling process were known by the Han Dynasty (202 BC – AD 220). A sophisticated economic system in China gave birth to inventions such as paper money during the Song Dynasty (960–1279). The invention of gunpowder by the 10th century led to an array of inventions such as the fire lance, land mine, naval mine, hand cannon, exploding cannonballs, multistage rocket, and rocket bombs with aerodynamic wings and explosive payloads. With the navigational aid of the 11th-century compass and ability to steer at high sea with the 1st-century sternpost rudder, premodern Chinese sailors sailed as far as East Africa and Egypt. In water-powered clockworks, the premodern Chinese had used the escapement mechanism since the 8th century and the endless power-transmitting chain drive in the 11th century. They also made large mechanical puppet theaters driven by waterwheels and carriage wheels and wine-serving automatons driven by paddle wheel boats.

To quote the reply from the OP. More than just people who assemble things, which apes could do.

iHolophyte

Last edited:
rickettsj said:

True designed in California. But assembled in China.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

rickettsj said:

Sorry I am a idiot. I will edit the reply so it will read differently.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

rickettsj said:

I promise use not to add in replies here from now on.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

So china haven't been responsible for this? just a little history surrounding china and what they have accomplished.

China has been the source of many significant inventions, including the Four Great Inventions: papermaking, the compass, gunpowder, and printing (both woodblock and movable type). The list below contains these and other inventions.

The Chinese invented technologies involving mechanics, hydraulics, and mathematics applied to horology, metallurgy, astronomy, agriculture, engineering, music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare. By the Warring States Period (403–221 BC), they had advanced metallurgic technology, including the blast furnace and cupola furnace, while the finery forge and puddling process were known by the Han Dynasty (202 BC – AD 220). A sophisticated economic system in China gave birth to inventions such as paper money during the Song Dynasty (960–1279). The invention of gunpowder by the 10th century led to an array of inventions such as the fire lance, land mine, naval mine, hand cannon, exploding cannonballs, multistage rocket, and rocket bombs with aerodynamic wings and explosive payloads. With the navigational aid of the 11th-century compass and ability to steer at high sea with the 1st-century sternpost rudder, premodern Chinese sailors sailed as far as East Africa and Egypt. In water-powered clockworks, the premodern Chinese had used the escapement mechanism since the 8th century and the endless power-transmitting chain drive in the 11th century. They also made large mechanical puppet theaters driven by waterwheels and carriage wheels and wine-serving automatons driven by paddle wheel boats.

To quote the reply from the OP. More than just people who assemble things, which apes could do.

iHolophyte
we no iPhone, we no iPad, we no Microsoft, and we have your said, thank you, sir.