What's new

Wireless Charging

Well, I have been looking at the Belkin brand. Their wireless charging pads come in 5 watt, 7.5 watt, and now 10 watt. Please correct me if I am mistaken, but iPhone can only charge up to 5 watts at a time, yes?

Modern iPhones can fast charge with the higher wattage charging pads. You can also use USB c compatible chargers for the newer MacBook Pro models. All you need is a Lightning to USB c cable. Fast charging is supported by iPhone 8 and newer.

Thank you, scifan57. Well, at the moment, I am focused on the Belkin brand. Not in a rush, but I thought it would be nice to have one to pop the mobile on perhaps in the living/dining area whilst I am working in there and away from my laptop.

I ran across my old RCA tablet tonight. I had not taken it out of the drawer in about 3 years. I barely used it at all after I purchased it. Battery was completely dead. It is charging right now. It was not expensive, but I cannot say I really liked it all that much. I started looking at iPad tonight on Apple's website. The Air model is about expensive as my 8 Plus! :eek:

Thank you, scifan57. Well, at the moment, I am focused on the Belkin brand. Not in a rush, but I thought it would be nice to have one to pop the mobile on perhaps in the living/dining area whilst I am working in there and away from my laptop.

I ran across my old RCA tablet tonight. I had not taken it out of the drawer in about 3 years. I barely used it at all after I purchased it. Battery was completely dead. It is charging right now. It was not expensive, but I cannot say I really liked it all that much. I started looking at iPad tonight on Apple's website. The Air model is about expensive as my 8 Plus! :eek:
Apple products have certainly not got any cheaper over the years. My first iPhone was the 4s. My iPhone XS cost as much as 4 iPhone 4s models.

>>Well, I have been looking at the Belkin brand. Their wireless charging pads come in 5 watt, 7.5 watt, and now 10 watt.

I think that the important point is not to overload your charger.

I just bought the 10 watt. I hope I made the right choice.