What's new

Winterboard

Bobik

Reaction score
What is winterboard? is it an app?

Ok. I know this dude right, he installed some "terminal" (have no clue what that is) and now he's phone in SAFE MODE. I went on youtube and found that to get out of the SAFE mode, I need to get in to the cydia and delete winterboard.

winterboard is for themes... it wont have put the phone in safe mode. deleting it wouldent have made a difference..

winterboard is for themes... it wont have put the phone in safe mode. deleting it wouldent have made a difference..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJPdoFENpxI]YouTube - How To Get Out Of Safe Mode - HQ[/ame]

you only go into safemode when something goes wrong with an app, i remember i tried to to download shrink, and it went into safemode, so i went into cydia and deleted shrink and bang it started right back up normally, and yes its an app that allows you to pick what themes or add-ons you would like your phone to use

you only go into safemode when something goes wrong with an app, i remember i tried to to download shrink, and it went into safemode, so i went into cydia and deleted shrink and bang it started right back up normally, and yes its an app that allows you to pick what themes or add-ons you would like your phone to use

So winterboard is like an APP manager where it keeps all the cydia installed apps?

So winterboard is like an APP manager where it keeps all the cydia installed apps?

It's mostly for themes/tweaks to the springboard. Such as loading screens,app icons,lockscreen changes.

think of it as like a switchboard to turn themes, tweaks, etc etc, on and off