What's new

Will there be JB for iOS 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatEars

Reaction score
Is there any chance there will be an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 after there is none for 4.3.5 ? And when does iOS 5 come out. I heard august 17th

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

BatEars said:
Is there any chance there will be an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 after there is none for 4.3.5 ? And when does iOS 5 come out. I heard august 17th

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

No one knows when iOS 5 will release. There is no official date yet. After Apple closed the PDF exploit in 4.3.5 and 4.2.10 I can honestly say I doubt that it'll be Jailbreakable. I really believe the latest firmwares were just a test. Jailbreak Armageddon is amongst us all lol.. I also heard that Apple might cover up the downgrade process as well forcing us to stay with the latest firmwares that they put out.

Like iCrank said, there is no release date for iOS5 as of yet. But yes, of course it will be jailbreakable. The question is how long will it take to be jailbroken. For all we know, the devs have already found an exploit to jailbreak iOS5, of course they would never announce anything like that because then Apple would have a head start on finding and patching the exploit before iOS5 goes public.

No matter how many holes Apple closes, there will ALWAYS be a way to jailbreak. It just depends on how long it takes for the hackers to find a new exploit.

Jmills87 said:
Like iCrank said, there is no release date for iOS5 as of yet. But yes, of course it will be jailbreakable. The question is how long will it take to be jailbroken. For all we know, the devs have already found an exploit to jailbreak iOS5, of course they would never announce anything like that because then Apple would have a head start on finding and patching the exploit before iOS5 goes public.

No matter how many holes Apple closes, there will ALWAYS be a way to jailbreak. It just depends on how long it takes for the hackers to find a new exploit.

I would agree to a point.

Apple always updated there iOS saying it will solved jailbreak issue, but it won't. I'm betting a on a jailbreak.

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The thing is that with every new feature, they run the risk of creating a security hole. They can patch all the previous exploits but as long as they keep developing new features, new holes will be created and the devs will find those holes :)

The thing is that with every new feature, they run the risk of creating a security hole. They can patch all the previous exploits but as long as they keep developing new features, new holes will be created and the devs will find those holes :)

never thought about that...

Jmills87 said:

I agree with this one hundred percent. Nothing is impossible. Apple may can slow them down, but there will always be somebody out there that'll find a hole or figure a way in :D!

Jmills87 said:

We all know Apple is adding 200+ new features so one would think there will be a hole somewhere :D! Maybe multiple holes! We won't know til the time iOS 5 releases to the public!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

darkstar2007 said:
I agree with this one hundred percent. Nothing is impossible. Apple may can slow them down, but there will always be somebody out there that'll find a hole or figure a way in :D!

We all know Apple is adding 200+ new features so one would think there will be a hole somewhere :D! Maybe multiple holes! We won't know til the time iOS 5 releases to the public!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

I hope the untethered gets here soon... 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.