What's new

Will iPhone 5 Case Fit On Newest iPod Touch?

Reaction score
It’s very disappointing that the selection of cases for the iPod touch is so crappy, when the selection of iPhone 5 cases is so much nicer. Since I believe both are very similar in size, I started looking at iPhone 5 cases. Does anyone have an iPhone 5 case on their iPod touch? It is extremely difficult to find any iPod touch cases that look good. Are us iPod touch users doomed forever with endless neglect? Do I need to have my head examined for not wanting to pay expensive fees for an iPhone?

Which generation iPod? 5th and 6th generation will fit into an iPhone 5 case.
Width and height are almost the same, but the iPhone’s depth is different (thicker, more than a mm). Some people put paper or expired gift cards into the case, so that the iPod didn’t wiggle.

I have a 5 and 6. That sounds promising an iPhone 5 case will fit both. Will the iPod eventually stop being supported? Should I get rid of one of my touches, and go with a used older iPhone that operates like my iPod? It is very disappointing it seems like the iPod is being neglected, so should I jump in front of the curve? Is there anyone here who has used an iPod touch and iPhone with some insight? I went to Best Buy last month, and was very discouraged that there were essentially no iPod accessories. Maybe it’s time on move on.

I have another question. One of my touches doesn’t scroll through pages on Safari as well as it used to. The touch sensor is very skittish or jumpy when I try scrolling down a Safari page. The other touch doesn’t do that. Is there anyway to correct it or will it always be that way?

I have another question. One of my touches doesn’t scroll through pages on Safari as well as it used to. The touch sensor is very skittish or jumpy when I try scrolling down a Safari page. The other touch doesn’t do that. Is there anyway to correct it or will it always be that way?
What happens when you restart your iPad? Press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPod to restart. If this doesn’t work, there’s the possibility that your touchscreen is failing. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you could take the iPod in for a free diagnostic at the Genius Bar. This will determine whether or not you have a hardware problem.

Restarting didn’t do anything. Unfortunately, most states only have 1-2 Apple stores if I’m not mistaken. As popular as Apple products are, you’d think they would have more Apple stores. It’s puzzling to me why they have so few stores.

Wow, there are only 3 Apple stores in my state. And I’m not traveling 200 miles to find one. I don’t get why Apple has so few stores in many states.

Attachments

• D0F21E4A-876B-442E-AB16-45C00147E245.png
    D0F21E4A-876B-442E-AB16-45C00147E245.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 410
There may be an Apple authorized repair shop near you, those may not have shown up in your search...