What's new

Original iPod touch

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
Ok so my original iPod touch is now our 3yo daughters when she has potty time. Unfortunately a lot of the games on my 4s and 5 won't download to the touch but when I try to update its software it says it's up to date? Any advice on what to do? Can I jb it and get software that lets is download newer apps?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

We have seen the same, wanted to use a touch for radio at work, all the current apps need a newer software version .... Not impressed with Apple over this

Can anyone give advice on this? Thanks!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

The highest iOS version the 1st gen iPod touch supports is 3.1.3.... which, unfortunately, isn't compatible w/ the majority of today's heavily used apps. :-(

Is there any way I can jb and upgrade it?

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Nope... Jailbreaking won't circumvent the iOS version limitations of the 1st gen iPod touch. Cydia has a couple tweaks that "trick" iTunes into thinking you're on a higher iOS version. I can't remember what they are, though... & from what I recall they haven't been updated in quite a while.

Ok. Thanks anyways!! So if anyone has a newer I touch they wanna ditch hit me up loL

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB