What's new

Will IOS 5 Work on iPhone 3GS?

iPhone3GS

Reaction score
I already searched but I couldnt find anything related, so the question is very simple, will the new IOS 5 work on iPhone 3GS?

Like-A-Boss

iPhone3GS said:
I already searched but I couldnt find anything related, so the question is very simple, will the new IOS 5 work on iPhone 3GS?

Like-A-Boss

Yes it will work. The 3GS is supported

Attachments

• $image-3617663908.jpg
    $image-3617663908.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 483
It will work but it will also slow your phone down I dont know if it's wortheth let me know

iOS 5 hasn't slowed my phone down any. If anything it feels faster

i have an iphone 3gs, 32gb... the phone has the 06.15.00, although now its unlocked by apple, due to end of contract..
by having that firmware... and all that its known about the difficulties of gps, it got worst after i installed the ios5...
literally when location services are on, the network breaks down... gsm, 3g, wifi... everything... for a little time, while it catches up agaain...
i install it with snowbreeze....
can anyone give me a it on this please?
on the 4.3.5 this didn't happen although the gps didn't work properly...
anyone notice this difficulty???
thanks

My experience with ios5 has been very good. I had been having some problems with the touch screen not responding on my 3GS. I even called Apple about it... Anyway, I ordered the 4s. So I had to update the 3GS to ios5 to make the upgrade work easier. Well, the update fixed my touchscreen problems. Everything else worked great, too, on the 3GS. I used it for the two days until I had the courage to set up the 4s last night. I didn't use the Internet much other than wifi as we are on tin cans and string here and barely have EDGE, so I can't address that at all.

Mine works just fine. I was thinking it would slow it down but I haven't noticed it being slower. Getting 4s in 2 weeks. I wanted to get use to the new os before the switch can't wait.

Yes, i found out IOS 5 works perfectly on iPhone 3GS and please stop bragging about the iPhone 4S ^.^ lol cause I can't afford one :(

Like-A-Boss