What's new

Wifi vs 3G

maka said:
See the thing is even connected to wifi when I send texts it still uses te cellular data. I noticed that because I keep track of my data on my phone.

my understanding is texting is sent and received on the phone side of things. while the wifi is on the Internet side. one has nothing to do with the other.

I know it doesn't use wifi to send and receive texts... Might wanna reread what I previously wrote

See the thing is even connected to wifi when I send texts it still uses te cellular data. I noticed that because I keep track of my data on my phone.

If you are showing usage on your DATA side for a SMS text, then you have much bigger issues than battery life. Only MMS can use data and if you are on an unlimited texting plan, you shouldn't be showing any data usage on your final bill for them. If you aren't on an unlimited texting plan and showing data usage for a SMS text then you are sending texts that are longer than 160 characters (which the iPhone converts to MMS because it fits in the 1000 character specification).