What's new

WIFI Signal weak after replacing battery 5S

matemate13

Reaction score
hello!
My battery was drain really fast so i decided to buy a new battery and replace it my self all went well phone works fine nothing is wrong expect ever since i replaced it the signal is terrible to my WIFI i also have touch 5 which works prefect in the same spot to where my 5S is, so i believe my internet isn't an issue.
It barely gets a signal and drops out alot but when i go closer to my WIFI it works fine.

I have tried
-Turn 5S off and on
-Internet off and on
-Reentering details of internet into phone

Any links or help or anytging will help
thank you!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, matemate13!

Here's what might help:
Reset your iPhone:
Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, your device will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't remove data or change settings.

Go to Settings - General - Date & Time, make sure the right time is set up there. If it isn't enter the right information manually.

Is your device up to date? The latest version for the iPhone 5s is 8.3. In case you're running an older software version, connect your device to your computer and update it that way. Reset it, using the method described above, after updating.

If all of this won't help, some components could have been damaged when replacing the battery.

The other thread you started on the same topic has been deleted. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, matemate13!

Here's what might help:
Reset your iPhone:
Press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both, your device will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't remove data or change settings.

Go to Settings - General - Date & Time, make sure the right time is set up there. If it isn't enter the right information manually.

Is your device up to date? The latest version for the iPhone 5s is 8.3. In case you're running an older software version, connect your device to your computer and update it that way. Reset it, using the method described above, after updating.

If all of this won't help, some components could have been damaged when replacing the battery.

The other thread you started on the same topic has been deleted. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

i just tried the resetting my phone but still the same result.
I'm currently on 7.1.1 so i'm going to update to the latest and see how that goes.

The reason i made 2 was because i thought i put this topic in the wrong spot and tried to delete this one sorry for any inconvenience.

No problem. This was just to let you know about it. I'm sure you didn't mean to act against our rules.

Did you also check Time & Date? It might sound weird, but if the wrong date/time is set up there, it can also prevent from connecting to Wi-Fi.

No problem. This was just to let you know about it. I'm sure you didn't mean to act against our rules.

Did you also check Time & Date? It might sound weird, but if the wrong date/time is set up there, it can also prevent from connecting to Wi-Fi.
Arh yes i did check time and date they were both the same, so yeah im gonna update to 8.3 now. :) thanks mate, ill let you know how it all goes!!

Reset Network Settings in Settings - General - Reset. Set up Wi-Fi again afterwards.

If this doesn't help, some of the components could be damaged. You'll have to replace them as well. Look at this site: iFixit The Free Repair Manual
It provides manuals, and you'll get the parts you need there as well.

Hope that helps.