What's new

Why did they get rid of the Ipod App?

aammpp

Reaction score
Hi you all...

First time here in the forums. The site is pretty cool.

So I have a 3G with AT&T and will be upgrading soon. (I skipped the 4). I noticed that with the new iOS that there is no Ipod App. It looks like they copied the Ipod Touch format and split them into "Music" and "Video". (I think the regular iPhone4 did this too). Why the split? Maybe no one else finds this odd but it makes no sense to me.

1) Don't they want the "ipod" name still out there marketing-wise? Unless they are changing the names of their players to "iNano" and "iTouch". (Minus the "pod" in the name).

2) Some podcasts are video and audio. Some albums have videos that come with them. So now I have to go two places?

3) There are only 4 slots on the "home-bar". Which was perfect for "Phone", "Email", "Text" and "Ipod". Now I have to decide which of my media I want locked there? My media was already somewhat separate since "iBooks" is not part of the iPod app. So instead of 2 apps for my media I now have to use 3 or 4 apps? Seems like a step backwards to me. Or are they just wanting me to jailbreak my phone so I can have 5 apps on the home-bar?

Does anyone know of an alternate app that would mimic the "Ipod" app for all of your media? Maybe even one that includes your ebooks? Any thoughts are appreciated.

P.S.
And how come the cool iPad feature of the 4 finger swipe "back to home" function was not included with the iPhone 4S?