What's new

Who's NOT getting the VZW Iphone?

I was thinking the same thing.

You hear both sides of the story now..."Yes there will be a iPhone 5...No there won't be a iPhone".

I'm betting by June or July we will have 1000's of posts stating both and we'll just have to get what VZW offer at that time. I'm just hoping that when everything switches over to 4G we won't get screwed to bad on the charges.

Cya

First of all, its sort of silly to post this question here...why would someone who wasn't getting an iphone come to a verizon iphone forum? You might as well post it over on a droid forum while you're at it - i'm sure you'll get lots of unbiased reviews.

I really like my droid x....but the fact that it is so unrefined drove me to an iphone.

1- Google search frequently freezes the phone for 90 seconds at a time. This probably happens 2 out of every 3 times I try to do a search. It's been a known issue with Froyo for months now.

2- I often-times completely lose data. The only way around it is to switch into airplane mode then back out again. Another known issue with the phone from day 1.

3- To get decent voicemail you have to use a 3rd party app (google voice), and even then I sometoimes don't get my voicemail notifications.

4- Voice search only works when it wants to

5- Sometimes when you think you're sending a text message to one person, it actually sends it to the wrong one. This has been a major and known issue for sometime...covered extensively on engadget.

6- The bloatware is flat out annoying. Do they really think that I'm going to pay $5 to rent a blockbuster movie on my phone?

7- HDMI output is a complete joke. Only works in the gallery. There is an app to make it output from other places, but the output is small and crappy.

9- LACK OF ACCESSORIES! Can you find a boombox dock for a droid? Nope. You really can't find much at all.

I concede the my Droid X can theoretically do more than my iphone 4, but my iphone 4 does what it's supposed to do 100% of the time, and it's why my Droid X is for sale on Ebay right now.

Just wondering who's not getting the VZW Iphone. Are you waiting for the next release? I'm on the fence about it too because I don't know what they will release in July.

who cares what they release, they are always going to release something in the future so at some point your going to have an outdated handset, just buy one when you feel like it and enjoy it until it's time to upgrade to the next new hot item ;)
This. If I waited and waited for the "next best thing" I'd still be using tin cans and string.

Besides, the release for this summer is rumored to basically be a faster phone. Honestly, I don't see the point just yet. Apple makes great products that are all pretty much seamless.

With the new phone this summer, if all the app developers started making apps that only run on that processor they are going to alienate their fans without a doubt. Most likely the next iteration (the sixth iPhone, whatever it's called) will start making more and more use of the tech in the FIFTH generation.

Look at most apps - they still run fine on the 3GS, which is about to be two techs behind.

I'm getting this device in February. My wife is due for an upgrade on the 19th and her old phone is dying. I'm sick of my Droid X. I have three lines, so I'm only using one of my upgrades. I'll use the other two NEXT summer (not this one but 2012).

Since I am not due for an upgrade yet, I'm going to at least wait until the summer to see if a new one comes out.

i have no need to throw another $50 a month at verizon for 4g. I'm happy to be stuck in my old plan with my (then)old iphone 4 :)
Chances are it will just be $10 more per month, like it is with Sprint.