What's new

Photos of New iPhone 4, SGP Black Leather Skin Guard, SENA Ultra Slim Case

Hanwei

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I got my iPhone today like I'm sure a ton of you did (and sorry to those who didn't!). I had already purchased the accessories for it so they were ready to go today.

IMG_0421.jpg

I'm the kind of guy who likes his phone "naked" for the most part. I really love the design of the iPhone... the sleek lines... the stainless contrasted with the black glass... the stainless controls... it's a thing of beauty. An always-on case was out of the question.

I wanted to protect the back glass from scratches when the naked phone sits on a table/desk/car console, etc... After some searching, I got a Black Leather Skin Guard from SGP. It's basically a vinyl sticker with a leather pattern that covers the back of the phone... with cutouts for the camera/flash and Apple logo. I love it. It's classy... and protects the back well.

Just as importantly... I don't have the dreaded fingerprint issue to deal with on the backside either! :D

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

I also purchased a SENA Ultra Slim leather case (which I've also used for the past 3 smart phones) because it offers tons of protection for the phone without adding barely any bulk while it's in the pocket, etc, and allows the phone to stay "naked". Can having to remove the phone from the case be tedious at times... sure... but for the most part, I don't mind it.

For a leather pouch type case... you'll be hard pressed to find one that's slimmer and of the same quality. One thing that's worth noting is that the case has speaker holes cut out at the bottom. A nice detail.

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

As for the front of the phone... I'm leaving it the way it is... no screen protection. I have a few friends who have left their AT&T iPhone 4 screens unprotected and they have fared just fine. No scratches. Nothing.

BTW... I'm coming from a Droid Eris... and this iPhone is GREAT. Not even on the same planet in terms of hardware AND software design. But then again, it's not quite a fair comparison (there are MUCH higher end Android models out now). Regardless... love the iPhone and I'm happy to have made the switch.

Hanwei

Looks awesome! The only thing I see is that dirt and fingerprints will get in the gap for the camera and logo, you can already see some fingerprints on the apple logo in one of the photos.

Thanks! It's better than fingerprints ALL over the back, though... right? ;)